Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirley Williams RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Honest, articulate, principled and brave. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP Shirley,great politician who I voted for when Labour was a good party,shame they don't get my vote anymore 
  • Options
    nice lady and a clever politician but too honest and straightforward to ever get to the real top of the greasy Westminster ladder .. R I P
    I agree 100%. I suspect it didn't worry her too much though. 
  • Options
    RIP. I always had a lot of time for her opinions whether I agreed or disagreed with them. I mostly agreed.
  • Options
    Nice tribute from Ed Davey

''It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Shirley Williams, Baroness Williams of Crosby, died peacefully in the early hours of Monday April 12th.

This is heartbreaking news for our whole Liberal Democrat family.

Shirley has been an inspiration to millions, a Liberal lion and a true trailblazer. I feel privileged to have known her, listened to her and worked with her. Like so many others, I will miss her terribly.

Political life will be poorer without her intellect, her wisdom and her generosity. Shirley had a limitless empathy only too rare in politics today; she connected with people, cared about their lives and saw politics as a crucial tool to change lives for the better.

As a young Liberal, Shirley Williams had a profound impact on me, as she did on countless others across the political spectrum. Her vision and bravery, not least in founding the SDP, continues to inspire Liberal Democrats today.''