Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6️ of the best at @BarnsleyFC on this day in 2013

Comments

• Options
    That was an unreal day, I think it took me and my youngest son, 4 train changed  to get there, and I remember saying to him enjoy it son, you’re never going to get an away days scoreline like this again!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    for some reason we went really early think we were in barnsley at 10am so for the game was well oiled ended up missing 4 of the goals as was in the toiler, it was the same day that millwall lost to wigan and were fighting with police as i went to a bday party that night that a good few millwall mates were at. 

vaguely remember being on the train with @BR7_addick on the way back. 
  • Options
    Great weekend away at a lovely pub just outside of Barnsley. Got a local train into the town and settled in a pub from about noon. Remember one local was the dead spit of Fabio Capello!

Not often you get to see so many away goals, a clean sheet and winning £120 on the pub quiz in the same evening.
  • Options
    Pritch was such a good player for a couple of seasons.  Odd how it all went south .  
  • Options
    and the advert they put out for the match. I absolutely love showing this to my Barnsley mate

• Options
    Great day out. Took father in law to the game whilst he was visiting from Sweden. Had to assure him that this was not usual for us Charlton fans to witness. Sorry to say he wasn't having any of it and has followed us as an avid oversees fan ever since, checking out every game with me pre and post match.  
  • Options
    I loved that team and that season. We were only one win (and some GD) off the play-offs by the end of it! 

To think SCP had all the funding pulled in the summer window before it all started, I still think about what we could've done and where'd be now if he'd got the backing he deserved at that moment in time. 
  • Options
    Great day out. Took father in law to the game whilst he was visiting from Sweden. Had to assure him that this was not usual for us Charlton fans to witness. Sorry to say he wasn't having any of it and has followed us as an avid oversees fan ever since, checking out every game with me pre and post match.  
    He’s not Bjorn Borg by any chance?