Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Seems plausible.
  • Options
    But then again... but then again.... 

Buttttttt, then again.
  • Options
    The way he explains it makes it sound as though some PR idiot has come up with the excuse and even Ole thinks its a shite one
  • Options
    They should keep changing it to whatever colour the visiting team plays in.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    They should keep changing it to whatever colour the visiting team plays in.
    Heard Sandgaard ordered some blue tarpaulin off Amazon Prime. Hoping it arrives in time for Saturday.
  • Options
    Such an odd accent.
  • Options
    Wasn't it also MUFC who ditched their grey away kit some years ago, because the players said they couldn't see eachother under floodlights?

Perhaps Specsavers should sponsor them...!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Wasn't it also MUFC who ditched their grey away kit some years ago, because the players said they couldn't see eachother under floodlights?

Yeah that’s just what I thought of! Think they changed to their blue away kit at half time during a match away to Southampton, pretty sure they still lost though. 
  • Options
    Tbh, it's one of my issues with our blue away kit. Surely instinctively we don't pass to blue?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It sounds right to me. Marginal gains and all that.

Even if it’s not right, psychologically it’s a smart thing to do. Takes pressure off the players for previous results and takes away any anxiety about home form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the reason for our better away form is that other teams are suffering the same thing when at home.
  • Options
    Tbh, it's one of my issues with our blue away kit. Surely instinctively we don't pass to blue?
    Unless we play Millwall... 😱
  • Options
    I think this season has shown what difference there is by not having fans in stadiums. I'm sure that by not having home fans in, especially us in League 1, has been THE contributing factor in poor home form. Home fans not geeing players up when having a corner.....pressure on refs......and also on the opposition players. One player (mr snake) has certainly felt the difference as we all know he feeds on opposition fans goading him. 

It cant be any coincidence that we have produced our worst home form for years & years. Home "advantage" is not a sloping pitch, or cold tea at half time......but having (in our case) 12k fans roaring the players on versus 500 Accrington fans doing the same from the JS stand.
  • Options
    It sounds stupid but if the players hadn't said anything then they wouldn't be changing it.

W10 D5 L4 at home since football restarted last season.
    W14 D7 L0 away.

Can't argue there might be something in it when you look at those stats.
  • Options

Some interesting stats - https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/home-away-league-table
    • Home win % in the EFL League One is 41%
    • Away win % in the EFL League One is 36%
    • All of this summarised means that home teams in the EFL League One on average perform 6% better at home
    We’re 2nd in the away table - although have played more away games than most - and 17th in home table - although we’ve have played fewer than any other side.

It feels like a clean slate and I think that we can and will do much better in the last 5 games at The Valley. To get that 6th Play-Off spot, I think we’ll need to win 3 or 4 of them.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    N01R4M said:

Yeah that’s just what I thought of! Think they changed to their blue away kit at half time during a match away to Southampton, pretty sure they still lost though. 

I listened to a podcast interview with Matt Le Tissier and he was asked about his thoughts on the change. He said that he was asked the same question after the match and he didn't even realise they'd changed colours :D:smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Blucher said:

Some interesting stats - https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/home-away-league-table
    • All of this summarised means that home teams in the EFL League One on average perform 6% better at home
    We’re 2nd in the away table - although have played more away games than most - and 17th in home table - although we’ve have played fewer than any other side.

It feels like a clean slate and I think that we can and will do much better in the last 5 games at The Valley. To get that 6th Play-Off spot, I think we’ll need to win 3 or 4 of them.
    https://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england3

20/21:
    H 41%
    A 36%
    D 23%

19/20:
    H 46%
    A 26%
    D 28%

18/19:
    H 42%
    A 32%
    D 27%

17/18:
    H 42%
    A 31%
    D 27%

16/17:
    H 45%
    A 27%
    D 28%

HOME WIN %: 41, 46, 42, 42, 45

DRAW %: 23, 28, 27, 27, 28

AWAY %: 36, 26, 32, 31, 27

Home wins and draws are both at a five year low while away wins are at a five year high.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    LEAGUE ONE HOME GOAL SUPREMACY OVER LAST FIVE YEARS:

20/21:
    H 1.33 goals per game
    A 1.26 goals per game
    SUP: 5.55% (1.33/1.26)

19/20:
    H 1.50
    A 1.11
    SUP: 35.1%

18/19:
    H 1.43
    A 1.22
    SUP: 17.2%

17/18:
    H 1.38
    A 1.16
    SUP: 19.0%

16/17:
    H 1.46
    A 1.11
    SUP: 31.5%
  • Options
    Blucher said:

https://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england3

HOME WIN %: 41, 46, 42, 42, 45

DRAW %: 23, 28, 27, 27, 28

AWAY %: 36, 26, 32, 31, 27

Home wins and draws are both at a five year low while away wins are at a five year high.
    It's marginal enough that I'd say it's coincidence.