Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeff Pettitt (voluntarily ran the Referees’ Academy at Charlton Athletic) for 20 years)

Jeff has sadly been diagnosed with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP).

PSP is an uncommon brain disorder that effects movement control of walking and balance, speech, swallowing, vision and thinking. The disease results from damage to nerve cells in the brain.

I don't know Jeff but a good friend of mine worked with him for many years. When I read about this and the connection with our club, I thought a few on here might know him. And so I have created this discussion.

Jeff is a former Football League and Premier League Assistant, was a Football Referee Core Coach and Observer for many years.

Jeff has also ran voluntarily the Referees’ Academy at Charlton Athletic for over 20 years, helping referees improve their game and move into the higher levels of officiating.

Weʼre raising £100,000 to Help Jeff Pettitt meet costs of nursing care.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jeffpettitt?utm_id=107&fbclid=IwAR2FMNd7P2H0ZWYFknQknG7INgn8QRR2DE73JPWgGMa6e_Zerl4XHZwvimU

This is just a small way in which people can all help Jeff, who has given so much to the world of football and refereeing in particular over so many years.
PSP is a cruel disease, not just for the person who has it but also for those closest to them. It has been especially difficult with all the additional restrictions that covid has brought in.

Comments