Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Nigel Adkins - May 5th

Comments

• Options
    That comment about Jayden Stockley's tackle towards the end of the game last night, that enthusiastic comment, has impressed me.
    Yeah I know Nigel talks a lot, but not in a Robinsonesque way, but in what can only be described so far as a good way, the right way.
    I hope he can fashion a team that gets results, because despite his puppy like enthusiasm, like a lovely puppy he is very easy to like, and it would be great if he enjoyed success with us.
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins doing a live online meeting tonight with bromley supporters club, he is basically saying very happy so far but has his own targets in mind for next season, loves it at Charlton and has complete backing for the summer window, obviously not ruling out a great end to the season (I am) generally coming over as a really nice bloke who fits in very well at Charlton. 
    That Henry Irving's doing a great impression of Weegie ! 
    No one has ever seen the both of us in the same room
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    seth plum said:
    That comment about Jayden Stockley's tackle towards the end of the game last night, that enthusiastic comment, has impressed me.
    Yeah I know Nigel talks a lot, but not in a Robinsonesque way, but in what can only be described so far as a good way, the right way.
    I hope he can fashion a team that gets results, because despite his puppy like enthusiasm, like a lovely puppy he is very easy to like, and it would be great if he enjoyed success with us.
    Lots of people said how Robinson was a breath of fresh air, compared to Slade and the "network" managers who went before him, at the start.  Not making a comparison, just saying. 
  • Options
    WOW!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Surprised nobody’s asked him if he rated Maddison?
    some-one did
  • Options
    redman said:
    Fumbluff said:
    some-one did
    It was obvious that he won't be with us next season
  • Options
    Great evening, though I wouldn’t want to be in the same room as Nigel and brownie. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Fumbluff said:
    some-one did
    Yeah he sort of swerved it a bit in the end, tagging on the confidentiality line....
  • Options
    I thought it was cool he quoted Dylan Thomas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have never heard a manager say it's Confidential regarding a player who is in the squad nearly every week but only starts two matches in the season, yet is your top scorer. 

I understand saying it's confidential if it's a depressive illness when you stay away from the club but I find Chuk's situation bizarre.
    This has been on going for two seasons.

Nigel Adkins can talk for England but despite coming from the other side of the Mersey to Robinson he is easier on the ear.

Nads enthusiasm is contagious and loved hearing him praise Morgan and Stockley.
    For a loan player, Jayden gives everything for the cause.

Adam Lallana is Nigel's favourite player that played under him. He was committed every day in training and his skill was a delight.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Nigel said we are the oldest team in League 1 and we need fitter and younger players.
    Wonder who recruited them then ?
    You obviously weren’t around in the summer. 
    We had to do a complete re-build, we were under an embargo, and we didn’t have any money to buy anyone.
    I was around then and am fully aware of the embargo etc. In fact I was one of those who bought a season ticket despite the embargo and despite Elliot and all the rest of those crooks. 

My point is why did we recruit old wrecks or indeed did we. 30 is not too old and neither is 27 or 26 or 23 or 18 and so on. 
    In fact a mix of experience and yoof is usually good. 

Most of our players are under 30 . Perhaps the issue is quality,  not age.
    Trouble is LB insisted on playing Gunter (31), Pearce (33), Watson (35) and Pratley (36) all in the same team. If you add in Amos, Shinnie and Schwartz then that means a third of our squad was over 30.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Misquoted him!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Misquoted him!
    Only just!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Nigel said we are the oldest team in League 1 and we need fitter and younger players.
    Wonder who recruited them then ?
    You obviously weren’t around in the summer. 
    We had to do a complete re-build, we were under an embargo, and we didn’t have any money to buy anyone.
    We weren't under an embargo when we signed Watson (35), Gunter (31) Shinnie (31), Schwartz (31).  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Thought the question about his wall was a bit cringe. Bare walls are all the rage these days. Good retort though about sitting there looking at the deer. 1-0 Nigel.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Man does not know how to give a short answer :) when asked to give a quick answer he just talks faster...
    I went out for 10 mins and made a pot of tea and Nige was still "answering" the Maddison question, although he only made reference to Maddison in the last 20 seconds.