Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Twitter

The first place people go for up 2 date information on Charlton FC?.

Comments

• Options
    Shay Given
  • Options
    No i always try Clubcall first. My mum is livid.
    Was that a telephone service?.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    No i always try Clubcall first. My mum is livid.
    Was that a telephone service?.
    Yeah, you could usually find it here
  • Options
    I always check Teletext first
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    No. Up-to-date information is overrated in my view. 
  • Options
    Surely it's The Evening News (pink edition on  a Saturday evening about 5.30), then "Evenin Standaaard". 
  • Options
    No, The Kentish Independent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tea leaves.  Nice cuppa rosie AND your latest team news ...
  • Options
    Islamic State Twitter?
  • Options
    Mostly Twitter, then here.
  • Options
    How much time does it save typing 'up 2 date'? 
  • Options
    The first place people go for up 2 date information on Charlton FC?.
    Charlton Athletic FC
  • Options
    I always check Teletext first
    Then a cheeky game of Bamboozle! 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    About two [2] seconds.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    clive said:
    Chizz said:
    About two [2] seconds.
    Style guides will tell you to write zero to nine in words and 10 onwards as figures. (Unless the zero to nine also includes decimal places.)  But then I get no news at all on Under 18s matches because the erroneous apostrophe in the thread title prevents me from opening it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Twitter is useful, especially the official site for team line ups, U23s scores etc.

Also worth following key accounts like Louis Mendez, Richard Cawley @benhayes77 @chathmuseum @cafcfacts for Charlton news

Lots of idiots and trolls too but you can block them.

• Options
    Mercury on a thursday
  • Options
    Nah I always see what ackworth says solid info that :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    clive said:
    Chizz said:
    About two [2] seconds.
    Style guides will tell you to write zero to nine in words and 10 onwards as figures. (Unless the zero to nine also includes decimal places.)  But then I get no news at all on Under 18s matches because the erroneous apostrophe in the thread title prevents me from opening it.

This used to infuriate my mate. Would be incandescent driving down the old kent road reading shop names missing apostrophes.
  • Options
    0898 12 11 46
    I never used Club Call. 38p per minute.  Another one I never used was the Lennie Lawrence line 0898 866832. That was 44p per minute. (That's 87p and £1.01 respectively in today's money.)

Imagine my surprise then when BT sent me a bill with a massive charge to an 0898 number. I thought it looked familiar and it was the Club Call number.

I checked the date of the call and it was while I was at work. It turns out that my soon to be ex-plumber, who was doing some work at the house had spent most of the day on my phone, listening to Club Call and making other calls! (He was a Charlton fan which is stranger than you'd think as I live in Chelmsford.) 

I grassed him up to his wife. She was furious and deducted the cost of the calls from the invoice and made him apologise in person. 
  • Options
    "Soccer LIne"?!

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    "Soccer LIne"?!

Oh bloody hell, I thought you were joking about the Lennie Lawrence phone line! 
  • Options
    The Kentish Independent  ... On a Thursday