Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Early Morning Paper rumours from the BBC

Charlton want to sign Spurs misfit Danny Murphy. (Daily Mirror)

Derby, Cardiff and Preston all want to sign Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers. (The Sun)

Watford are closing on a £2m deal to re-sign their former striker Heidar Helguson from Fulham. (The Sun)

Charlton are closing in on a £1.5m deal for MK Dons striker Izale McLoed - with Leicester also interested. (Various)

Middlesbrough and Manchester City are in the running for Charlton's £3m-rated defender Luke Young. (Daily Mirror)

Charlton will offload former Chelsea and Millwall midfielder Jody Morris. (Daily Express)

NB They are only paper rumours. Some or all may not be true.

Comments

• Options
    Murphy- that'll put the cat amongst the pidgeons!
  • Options
    I wonder if Danny Murphy's Mrs knows about this....not too many premiers shown at Bexleyheath!!
  • Options
    Murphy- that'll put the cat amongst the pidgeons! why curbishley isnt here no more. get smertin back aswell.
  • Options
    I'd take Danny Murphy back in a second, he'd be brilliant in the Championship.
    Do we really need another striker though, McLoed has done well for Franchise FC, but is he any better than those we have already?
  • Options
    The BBC or the EUC got it wrong Wigan are after Murphy. So still no central creative midfielder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The BBC or the EUC got it wrong Wigan are after Murphy. So still no central creative midfielder.

other than Reid.
  • Options
    Murphy rumour is not what was written in the Mirror. Whoever abbreviated the article in the Mirror needs to go back to school and learn how to read. It was confirming that WIGAN are after FORMER CHARLTON midfielder Danny Murphy, which is old news anyway.

The Mirror also mention that Birmingham are after Diawara for £2m. S0d off would be my reply. He will be major for us this year!
  • Options
    Not just Reid. In this division Ambrose would do a very good job in that role too. I think of him more as a central creative midfielder than a winger.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The BBC or the EUC got it wrong Wigan are after Murphy. So still no central creative midfielder.[/quote]
    No sweat, let's lump it long. LEEEAAAABUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The BBC or the EUC got it wrong Wigan are after Murphy. So still no central creative midfielder.

other than Reid.
    and/or ambrose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I'd take Danny Murphy back in a second, he'd be brilliant in the Championship.

Actually, NSU, i agree wholeheartedly with you.

It's almost a completely different club, from a playing point of view, and i trust Pards to be able to handle him.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    times also reckons its a 'dead cert' that bruce is confident of tying up a £2 million deal for souleymane diawara...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

other than Reid.

Pardew keeps referring to Reid as a rival to JT but i'd much rather see him in the middle. Perhaps Pards is trying to scare up the money by saying we're really short in the middle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I'd take Danny Murphy back in a second, he'd be brilliant in the Championship.

Actually, NSU, i agree wholeheartedly with you.

It's almost a completely different club, from a playing point of view, and i trust Pards to be able to handle him.
    Are the fans that different though Lou? He upset a hell of a lot of us when he buggered off to Tottenham with his willy hanging out
  • Options
    Good Danny Murphy - Yes
    Toys out of pram Danny Murhpy - No
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] Are the fans that different though Lou? He upset a hell of a lot of us when he buggered off to Tottenham with his willy hanging out

That was my reason for emphasising the "playing side" . At the time i thought he was a little tw&t who was doing what his wife told him to.

But still thing he would be very good in the CCC.
  • Options
    1) Murphy won't play in Championship
    2) Murphy will not drop his wages from £20k to £6-7K per week
    3) He Upset a number of the Board as well as the Fans/management over his Move to Spuds
    4) Is he a Pards Type Player....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]1) Murphy won't play in Championship
    3) He Upset a number of the Board as well as the Fans/management over his Move to Spuds

Take him back on loan perhaps.

Spuds pick up part of his wage and if he starts "acting up" again then we send him back. If we works out we pay a fee for him when we go back up....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I wonder if Danny Murphy's Mrs knows about this....not too many premiers shown at Bexleyheath!!

The new cinema at the Dome is promising premieres. That'll fix that.
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Good Danny Murphy - Yes
    Toys out of pram Danny Murhpy - No

Bang on. Murphy's psychologically flawed, and it's not clear whether all his toys are ever going to be back in the pram, because he'll always be wondering why Liverpool got shot of him all those years ago.
  • Options
    dont want that scouser tart back thank you very much.i mean he went to the yids so he could get invited to more film premieres *bangs head in disbelief* beggers belief

let the mug rot at the yiddos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]1) Murphy won't play in Championship

It is fairly well sourced that Murphy is alleged to have said to one of the Valley back room staff,

"I earn more in a week than you do in a year"

No thanks. I said when he went to the Spuds that give him a season and he'll be returning to the North West. He ain't good enough now for the Scousers but Wigan is only just up the road.
  • Options
    Tranmeres also just down the road ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Tranmeres also just down the road ......

Right!