Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CACT Friday Night Social

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
Just back to quickly ask a question 

Did anyone go to this on here last week.

I have booked for tomorrow(still not 100% sure i am going depends how i feel at 6.30pm tomorrow)

But just had a few questions for anyone that went last week 

Comments

• Options
    My invite must have got lost in the post. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    My invite must have got lost in the post. 
    Was an open invite lol

https://cact.gives/courses/38/friday-night-social-for-18
  • Options
    Ah sorry, pretty sure that title has changed to include CACT!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Huskaris said:
    Ah sorry, pretty sure that title has changed to include CACT!
    Yeah guess a Mod didnt want to cause any confusion lol
  • Options
    I went
  • Options
    I went, was good fun. Quite relaxed, not serious or competitive. We did 5v5 matches for most of it then did a 10v10 at the end. Went on my own but a lot of friendly people so I've booked for tomorrow. Looks like we'll be doing 30 minutes of Adkins's warm-up/training then matches after. But was just nice to get playing again last week. Let me know if you have any questions. Great surface too, I think you use the 3g Charlton train on as it is right next to sparrows lane.
  • Options
    Glad it went well
  • Options
    Season 2 starts up again soon

Book here.

https://cact.gives/courses/114/friday-night-social-for-18

Season 1 was absolutely quality, met some great people and played some great football, as im sure @ReeCAFC15 and anyone else on here who went will tell you.

@Bigmac i said i would let you know when they were opening it up to bookings again
  • Options
    Got back about half hour ago and finally relaxed so thought i would update this

As @ReeCAFC15 says above we did about half an hour of warm up training that the first team do, jesus how they do that day in day out for a longer period i will never know 🤣🤣 

Then we got into a big match, I will be honest after about 15 minutes of the match I was 100% not returning next week and thinking how i could make an early exit today, everyone was so much better than me and i felt like i was making mistakes left, right and centre, everything i did went wrong(including an own goal) i ended up wondering around aimlessly for about 5 minutes avoiding everyone.

Then we had the break and I decided for the 2nd half to try something different and spent the whole 2nd half as a defender, never in my life have i played as a defender before, but it went alot better than in the first half lol and i actually enjoyed myself.

So i have already rebooked for next week.

If you have been thinking about going but not sure, definitely give it a try, its worth it
     Can you talk us through your own goal?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Got back about half hour ago and finally relaxed so thought i would update this

As @ReeCAFC15 says above we did about half an hour of warm up training that the first team do, jesus how they do that day in day out for a longer period i will never know 🤣🤣 

Then we got into a big match, I will be honest after about 15 minutes of the match I was 100% not returning next week and thinking how i could make an early exit today, everyone was so much better than me and i felt like i was making mistakes left, right and centre, everything i did went wrong(including an own goal) i ended up wondering around aimlessly for about 5 minutes avoiding everyone.

Then we had the break and I decided for the 2nd half to try something different and spent the whole 2nd half as a defender, never in my life have i played as a defender before, but it went alot better than in the first half lol and i actually enjoyed myself.

So i have already rebooked for next week.

If you have been thinking about going but not sure, definitely give it a try, its worth it
     Can you talk us through your own goal?!
    Yeah I finally managed to get that moment out of my head 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I went regularly during Season 1. Absolutely loved it. Got to meet new people who all follow Charlton. Quite a few of us gathered in the Oak before the game last weekend too.

Would definitely recommend! 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Season 2 came to an end on Friday

Again like season one it was a massive success, so much so the trust have already agreed to a season 3 starting January 7th.

Again I would recommend anyone who hasn't come to come and try it for 1 session and you will love it, even if you think you are worried about fitness, believe me, first weet my fitness was terrible, its not great now but has improved enough that I can hold my own.

The bloke who runs it is a quality guy and does brilliant training before we get into a match and that has massively improved my abilities.

Plus everyone else who goes are great as well.

https://cact.gives/courses/225/step1

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Can only back up everything Paul is saying. And we had a cracking Xmas social / award ceremony in the Oak after the game on Saturday. 

Some of the lads meet up and do away games together and a lot of people have made new friends out of it, myself included.

We even played at The Valley last Summer!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Last call

Season 3 starts tomorrow 

Would be great to see some new faces

Even if you give it a try for one week just come down and see what u think.

Trust me it's worth it

https://cact.gives/courses/225/step1
  • Options

⚽️ Tonight 8pm ⚽️ @CAFCTrust

First session is free for anyone interested just turn up & play.. #cafc

Great incentive so thought I would post it on here.

First session if your new will be free
  • Options
    Just wanted to post this.

A group of us from FNS will be doing the upbeats walk on Saturday.

Anything you can give would be amazing for a fantastic cause.

All the money goes to the same place as well so, so if you don't sponsor us but have sponsored someone us still than thanks, it's amazing just like the work the upbeats do

https://cact.gives/fundraising/paul-cafe