Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Home Wins This Season - Lowest Ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    So what is the explanation for our away form
    is it that our away support is so pony that no fans are better than the pitiful numbers we bring 🤷‍♂️
    With empty grounds I don't think there is such a thing as home and away fixtures.
    Having said that it is strange why our victories are so unbalanced.
    I'm not saying I'm right but so far no-one else has offered another reasonable explanation.

Away from home the background colour is different to the colour of the players' shirts. With no fans at home we should try playing in white at home. I don't know why you find my suggestion laughable (referring to lol on my previous post).
  • Options
    I’m just pleased Nige reads Charlton life.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    is it that our away support is so pony that no fans are better than the pitiful numbers we bring 🤷‍♂️
    With empty grounds I don't think there is such a thing as home and away fixtures.
    I'm not saying I'm right but so far no-one else has offered another reasonable explanation.

Away from home the background colour is different to the colour of the players' shirts. With no fans at home we should try playing in white at home. I don't know why you find my suggestion laughable (referring to lol on my previous post).
    Manchester United starting putting black tarpulin over their red seats for the same reason.

They've won 9 out of 16 home matches this season (considered poor) while they remain unbeaten away. Since swapping out the red for black, they've won three home games on the trot. 2-0, 3-1 and 6-2.

The effect has been felt around the league and for some teams it's been worse. Odd thing about it is the worst teams have been playing in red.

At pro level, sport is a game of inches. I wouldn't be surprised if a study found a link between these two things in a year or two's time.
  • Options

There could be something in this, the ends of the east and west stands have been empty for years and we’ve been poor at defending and finishing for years!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    the logical conclusion is that the valley covered end and the liverpool kop have been missed more than other clubs equivalent - sheffield utd could possibly make a claim to also be as influential as us and Liverpool fans 
    just had a look on the millwall board and they think i'm being serious with this - they really are struggling - no offence Golfie 
  • Options
    SEVEN.

Thanks Len.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I think it is an interesting subject. There is a suggestion that footballers find it slightly easier to find red shirts. The questions are whether this is accurate, and if it is, is it to a significant extent to give a discernible advantage. Rob Elliot explained that he liked wearing bright shirts because of a study that suggested when seriously short of time an attacker's instinct is to kick towards the bright colour. Again, whether this was a legitimate or flawed study is a question as again would be the extent, but there is also the added confidence thinking it is true might give a keeper.

Of course, the impact may be in the mind more than anything else. A lot of football is played in the mind so Man Utd changing the colour of their seat covers may make a difference, but not for the reasons they did it for.