Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

28 staff made redundant

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Varney reveals extent of cut-backs
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Addicks-reveal-extent-of-cut__backs-newsinkent4378.aspx

Comments

• Options
    Those gone:

Terry Barry - women's department assistant kit manager
    Matt Beard - women's department first-team coach
    Keith Boanas - women's first-team manager
    Deb Browne - women's and girls' football general manager
    Andrew Cairnie - retail assistant
    James Clarke - retail sales supervisor
    George Cooper - first-team physiotherapist
    Terry Cordwell - reporter
    Dennis Coxall - academy head of recruitment
    Mark Crawley - women's and girls' centre of excellence coach
    Nick Davies - sports scientist
    Wayne Diesel - head of the medical department
    Tracey Duxburry - women's and girls' centre of excellence coach and manager
    Sarah Farnie - academy housekeeper
    Leon Hulyer - superstore supervisor
    Terrie Kennor - account manager (sponsorships)
    Les Lilley - grounds operative
    Sandra Merrick - accounts assistant
    Sean McGarrigle - facilities manager
    Steve Rigby - first-team kit manager
    John Rooke - stock reconciliation assistant
    Natasha Scolding - commercial centre supervisor
    Dave Singleton - physiotherapist
    Ben Tegg - community liaison manager
    Graham Webb - women's and girl's coach
    Chrissie Wooster - receptionist
    Gill Schofield - academy administrator
    Christine Taylor - receptionist

Loads more with substantial paycuts.
  • Options
    Probably shouldn't go into too much detail on here but I play football with one of the guys who was made redundant and by all accounts the club handled the process terribly.
  • Options
    Good luck to them all
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ben Tegg's gone? does that mean we are doing no more community work?
  • Options
    That is the list of permanent staff, does not even include the huge numbers of match day staff.
  • Options
    Absolutely Dan!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Probably shouldn't go into too much detail on here but I play football with one of the guys who was made redundant and by all accounts the club handled the process terribly.

I have personally been involved in both being made redundant and making people redundant. It's the nature of it, it's always terrible. Having to decide "fairly", the criteria against which people will be judged and then selecting from that is the hardest and most painful thing I personally have ever had to do. I feel extremely sorry for those who have lost their jobs and some empathy with Reg and the board for the undoubted fact that they have had to tell extremely valued colleagues that they no longer have a job. Its ghastly.
  • Options
    Good luck to them all

Been there twice not nice to go through

Hope they all get sorted ASAP
  • Options
    Posted By: DaveMehmet
    Probably shouldn't go into too much detail on here but I play football with one of the guys who was made redundant and by all accounts the club handled the process terribly.

I have personally been involved in both being made redundant and making people redundant. It's the nature of it, it's always terrible. Having to decide "fairly", the criteria against which people will be judged and then selecting from that is the hardest and most painful thing I personally have ever had to do. I feel extremely sorry for those who have lost their jobs and some empathy with Reg and the board for the undoubted fact that they have had to tell extremely valued colleagues that they no longer have a job. Its ghastly.

I totally agree, I've had to make staff redundant and it's not a nice process. The main issue my friend had was not that the decision had been made, it was how the message was put across and the way it was handled.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Probably shouldn't go into too much detail on here but I play football with one of the guys who was made redundant and by all accounts the club handled the process terribly.

ALL ALLEGEDLY
    having had a relative lose their job with cafc a few years ago i'd have to agree with you about the handling. they are regulars at employment tribunal cases.
    i echo the best wishes to all (some of which i know personally), bar one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For clarification not all those staff were made redundent. As the report says some chose to leave. Regardless I wish them all well.

There will still be community work. Events such as the summer slam that Ben Tegg looked after have moved to the Charitable Trust
  • Options
    Henry, not sure if you can tell me this but am I right in thinking that Ben Tegg moved on and was not made redundant? Pretty big call to make him redundant I would have thought as he was very highly thought of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Henry, not sure if you can tell me this but am I right in thinking that Ben Tegg moved on and was not made redundant? Pretty big call to make him redundant I would have thought as he was very highly thought of.

Ben choose to move to another job with a very high profile sports charity. Personally I always found Ben a pleasure to deal with and very professional.

Do bear in mind that it is the post that is made redundent rather that the individual so it would be wrong to infer that any of the staff were not well thought of.
  • Options
    Yes, I thought that might be the case. I know Ben from years back and I know that anyone who has come into contact with him from his work at Charlton just thinks the world of him. I hope he does really well in his new job and best wishes to all those other unfortunate folks who lost their jobs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, I thought that might be the case. I know Ben from years back and I know that anyone who has come into contact with him from his work at Charlton just thinks the world of him. I hope he does really well in his new job and best wishes to all those other unfortunate folks who lost their jobs.
    Was funny when he got in a stress at Boro airport...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Probably shouldn't go into too much detail on here but I play football with one of the guys who was made redundant and by all accounts the club handled the process terribly.[/quote]

ALL ALLEGEDLY
    having had a relative lose their job with cafc a few years ago i'd have to agree with you about the handling. they are regulars at employment tribunal cases.
    i echo the best wishes to all (some of which i know personally), bar one.[/quote]

WITH YOU ON THIS ONE ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, I thought that might be the case. I know Ben from years back and I know that anyone who has come into contact with him from his work at Charlton just thinks the world of him. I hope he does really well in his new job and best wishes to all those other unfortunate folks who lost their jobs.

It had been a long day for Ben and a few others who were stewarding. It was all smoothed over the next day. I did feel a bit odd doing the "just walk away, leave it, it's not worth it" bit at one point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

YOU SPLITTER!!!!!