Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New inclusive England badge

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fun fact (ish)

the 3 Lions actually have names. 
    Think it is something like Roary, Pawz and Mane
  • Options
    is there a reason that the England badge has 10 roses? 
    And while we’re at it - why white and blue? The national flag is white and red. Most national team strips reflect the flag. 
    Apart from
    The Netherlands. (Orange)
    And Italy. (Blue)
    And Australia. (Gold and Green)
    And New Zealand. (White)
    And Japan. (Blue)
    And Germany. (White)
    And Northern Ireland. (Green)
    And probably some others. 

But good point.
    😉

Italy- the Azzurri wear blue because it is the colour of Savoia, the ruling house of Italy from 1861 to 1946. When the Italian Republic was established in 1946, the tricolour was adopted as the national flag - however Italy's famous azure blue kit remained.
  • Options
    The FA is understood to have paid Matta, a London design agency, to come up with the new design, which took around 18 months. The cost of the rebrand is unclear.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    The FA is understood to have paid Matta, a London design agency, to come up with the new design, which took around 18 months. The cost of the rebrand is unclear.
    @cafc999. How many draft proposals and re-drawings have taken place in 18 months, one wonders?

Might the money have been better spent elsewhere is more of an issue than the principal behind the badge, isn't it?    
  • Options
    is there a reason that the England badge has 10 roses? 
    And while we’re at it - why white and blue? The national flag is white and red. Most national team strips reflect the flag. 
    Apart from
    The Netherlands. (Orange)
    And Italy. (Blue)
    And Australia. (Gold and Green)
    And New Zealand. (White)
    And Japan. (Blue)
    And Germany. (White)
    And Northern Ireland. (Green)
    And probably some others. 

But good point.
    😉

Dutch: the royal family is the House of Orange. 
    Irish, North and Republic: green has been associated with Ireland for a long time. 

The rest: no idea. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Fun fact (ish)

the 3 Lions actually have names. 
    Think it is something like Roary, Pawz and Mane
    Not even “ish”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am disgusted at those who do not understand the clear purpose of the Football Association; money should be spent on pointless corporate branding exercises in wokery, not stupid things like football pitches and balls and what have you.

The fact that they have messed up even this simple virtue signalling task points to the fact that the organisation is probably stuffed with horrid white people, most of whom are probably men.... I mean, inclusive? None of those lions are even wearing a headscarf or burkha, FFS. Disgraceful.

Clearly the FA are irredeemable fascists.  Defund them!
  • Options
    I think that's what Sporadicaddick was getting at. Only he did it earlier and funnier...  ;)
  • Options
    Nothing will ever be funnier than the supremely enlightened congregation of the Church of Woke.

They just don't realise it.  ;)
  • Options
    I am disgusted at those who do not understand the clear purpose of the Football Association; money should be spent on pointless corporate branding exercises in wokery, not stupid things like football pitches and balls and what have you.

The fact that they have messed up even this simple virtue signalling task points to the fact that the organisation is probably stuffed with horrid white people, most of whom are probably men.... I mean, inclusive? None of those lions are even wearing a headscarf or burkha, FFS. Disgraceful.

Clearly the FA are irredeemable fascists.  Defund them!
    I just had a look at the FA's Linkedin page. There is, frankly, very little about football. However, there is plenty of content and I would go so far as to say every box is ticked.

Football is a force for good and I accept that the FA has a role to play but its playing the social media woke card to the fullest.
  • Options
    57 years on this planet and to be honest, it's ALL BOLLOCKS!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    anybody watching the blockade of Jersey's ports would have seen a lot of the French boats flying the flag of Normandy, two golden lions on a red background. This flag was the flag of England after 1066, Richard the (so called) Lionheart added a third lion and that is what he have today (thank you wiki) .. EXCEPT .. the lions are leopards.  In heraldry a lion faces forwards and a leopard to the left. 'Three leopards on the shirt' does not have the same ring to it. But who cares about the misplaced head of a big cat or three
  • Options
    Thought three lions would be the pride flag?