Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Live

When do you think there could be an announcement of Valley Live as in if it will continue showing the games ? I know it will continue for fans overseas but I'm hoping it will be able to continue as it has been for fans like me that due to distance cannot get to every game. If it stops I believe there is a way of somehow getting the stream even if your in the UK ( appreciate that it isnt allowed but what can you do ) Only asking as if is stopping I will need to start research into how it is done lol

Comments

• Options
    Doubt there will be anything announced until closer to the new season... I wont be surprised if there is something like: "If the Valley is forced to host reduced numbers of fans then the game will be shown on ValleyLive"
  • Options
    I also think it would be a good secondary option for fans... Provided that a club sells out its allocation.

If it does that then it can sell streams to more home / away fans depending on whats sold out
  • Options
    I also think it would be a good secondary option for fans... Provided that a club sells out its allocation.

If it does that then it can sell streams to more home / away fans depending on whats sold out
    Exactly this mate. With it the club gets additional revenue from people like me who would love to be at every game but cant. I personally would happily pay the full match ticket price for the stream. Without it then the club will lose revenue as I on average only get to approx 1/3 of home games, so that is 2/3 revenue lost and there must be plenty of others like me I would think
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Exactly this mate. With it the club gets additional revenue from people like me who would love to be at every game but cant. I personally would happily pay the full match ticket price for the stream. Without it then the club will lose revenue as I on average only get to approx 1/3 of home games, so that is 2/3 revenue lost and there must be plenty of others like me I would think
    But it may be out of the clubs hands to live stream Saturday 3pm games once fans are back properly. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

It will be ridiculous in a way if they dont.

The whole message shown on iFollow before the game is "support you're club, dont illegally watch the streams"

Well in that case they know that if we go back to normal, people in the UK will surely just get the streams that way, so give them an option so they dont do that meaning that the clubs win
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Realistically it won't carry on in the current format once fans are allowed back. 

What I would love to see, and would happily pay for would be 2 weekly 1 hour shows.  Say on Monday and Friday, a bit of analysis on the last game, a preview of the next one and a bit of memory lane.

If you could get the right commercial partners you could actually make it free on YouTube and use it as a way of drumming up ticket sales, merchandise sales etc. 
    Totally disagree that there's no chance it won't carry on in its current format.

Evening games were carried live on IFollow long before Covid locked out fans. Live overseas transmissions of all games were being made long before Covid. 

Life's moved on after Covid. Genies out of the bottle and all the other cliches. TS sounded to me like a man who was very keen to carry on with it when he spoke to the Bromley Addicks. If the ban on live transmision of games at 3.00pm goes, I should have thought there is a good chance coverage will continue. And in any event, just get a VPN and log in to the games that way if all else fails.