Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Great memories. Most intimidating atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game. Remember getting off the tube at Fulham Broadway to be greeted with a line of police with dogs too. Great game!!! :)
  • Options
    Great day and what an atmosphere, football was more fun back then. 
  • Options
    Have always regretted missing this but I was staying in North Wales with my girlfriend. Her brother worked for Everton's sponsor and got us great tickets for the previous week's 1-1 draw at Goodison. Couldn't really go as my mate was seeing her friend and staying at the same time. The fact that she was filfth took the edge out of not going a bit.
  • Options
    Have always regretted missing this but I was staying in North Wales with my girlfriend. Her brother worked for Everton's sponsor and got us great tickets for the previous week's 1-1 draw at Goodison. Couldn't really go as my mate was seeing her friend and staying at the same time. The fact that she was filfth took the edge out of not going a bit.
    Errr details required old chap - you can’t just leave it ‘filth’

PM me if that works for you.....
    She was Welsh, do you need to know any more?
  • Options

I do, but I am in danger of being like @ElfsborgAddick if I continue asking !!!
  • Options
    Great memories. Most intimidating atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game. Remember getting off the tube at Fulham Broadway to be greeted with a line of police with dogs too. Great game!!! :)
    Agreed - it was very intimidating - not a day for wearing ANY colours that day - thank the Lord my Dad was away with the Army, and couldn’t go, as he always wore a Charlton shirt and scarf, and refused any attempt by me to go without colours

Some proper tackles in that footage as well - love it
  • Options

I do, but I am in danger of being like @ElfsborgAddick if I continue asking !!!
    Don’t go down the @ElfsborgAddick route. He is an insidious little man and has no self respect. You are better than that. 
  • Options
    Anyway, i will just toy with welsh bird and filth...  I have a very good imagination.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, i will just toy with welsh bird sheep and filth...  I have a very good imagination.
    Fixed for you
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A great experience - one of those days that will always be in the memory. I'm not sure that the Chelsea team of those days expected others to mix it up a bit and I think they were shocked that day - I love Mark Reid's "dugout" tackle....

For some reason I ended back at Stamford Bridge to see them get sent down by Middlesborough. I stood in The Shed and watched it all unfold:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEnkcp6RcE
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I thought I was in real trouble after the Chelsea game when I got separated from my mates.
    We were "queuing" up outside Fulham Broadway fighting off the Chelsea fans who were attacking us.
    A Charlton fan was sure I was an infiltrated Chelsea fan and was gonna do me when we got on the platform.

I think after the Middlesborough game Ken Bates was talking about putting up electric fences.

After Chelsea set fires at The Valley, demolished the turnstiles and Valley club in 1976? and then this I've always hated them.

I couldn't work out who I hated most the other night Real Madrid the instigator of the bastard 12 or Chelsea. 
  • Options
    I was 16 at the time and I've never experienced an away game like that since. Watching those Chelsea fans getting a kicking after they scored was something else, alongside the coppers watching from just the other side of the fence doing nothing until they thought they'd had enough was hilarious. 
  • Options
    I went by coach and remember it being hit by a brick near the ground.There was a bit of that in the 80s.
  • Options
    Great day out 
    Loved it.
    Well most of it anyway 
  • Options
    I’d be disappointed if any of your girlfriends weren’t filth. 
  • Options
    Never forget Leaburn "coming to" and wanting to flatten who ever had done him For some reason I think I took my then girlfriend (who never went to football) but no idea why. I had always thought we went to a gig later that evening (Macca) but when looking up gig dates couldn't see one for that dare in London. 

• Options
    A friend’s brother was Chelsea then (and still is) and very left wing. I read an article in a neo-Nazi Chelsea fanzine about how they’d attacked the coach he was on. So, not only did they assault the opposition, they also assaulted their own. 
  • Options
    Never forget Leaburn "coming to" and wanting to flatten who ever had done him For some reason I think I took my then girlfriend (who never went to football) but no idea why. I had always thought we went to a gig later that evening (Macca) but when looking up gig dates couldn't see one for that dare in London. 

Yes I remember that. He was livid. Didn't Lennie run down the touchline to where Leaburn was to try and calm him down?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing I remember well was the physio Jimmy coming on and slapping Carlo around the face to stop him going mental.

Great days but the walk back to the car was long and scary but what a day. 
  • Options
    The thing I remember well was the physio Jimmy coming on and slapping Carlo around the face to stop him going mental.

Great days but the walk back to the car was long and scary but what a day. 
    If you think the walk back to the car was scary.
    Should have been on the tube. 
    We held our own though. 
  • Options
    Great evening, though I remember having to 'defend' myself on three separate occasions. 

Still don't know how they knew we were Charlton. 
  • Options

Yes I remember that. He was livid. Didn't Lennie run down the touchline to where Leaburn was to try and calm him down?

I think it was Gritty or John Bumstead who said at a Bromley Q&A that when Carlo got up he was screaming “tell him to come down to Lewisham and try it”
  • Options

I think it was Gritty or John Bumstead who said at a Bromley Q&A that when Carlo got up he was screaming “tell him to come down to Lewisham and try it”
    Yep & it absolutely confirmed his hero status to me 😎
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Great evening, though I remember having to 'defend' myself on three separate occasions. 

Were you jotting down the tube train numbers?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

bit of a giveaway

The Trainspotter Guide  Tripbase
  • Options
    Agreed - it was very intimidating - not a day for wearing ANY colours that day - thank the Lord my Dad was away with the Army, and couldn’t go, as he always wore a Charlton shirt and scarf, and refused any attempt by me to go without colours

Some proper tackles in that footage as well - love it
    I'd not heard the story before from Scott Minto that he mentioned on Valley Pass when Lennie was on, that the Youth Team had had a match that morning and had to sit in the stands with the Chelsea fans wearing their Charlton tracksuits. That can't have been fun.
  • Options
    Great day. From when we met at the St Martin’s onward. The poor newsagents in the Embankment tube.  Chelsea got a shock that day.