Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Radio Five Live Football Phone In Quotes

What is the point in supporting this club because we are going nowhere?

Which club's supporter said that today?

Sheffield Wednesday? Derby County? Newcastle? Sunderland? Ipswich?

Comments

• Just a guess …. Chef Wendy
  • The most sensible guess, but no, it was a Spurs fan! Do they not look around themselves at other clubs? 

Listening to some of the callers is unbelievable sometimes.
  • I stopped listening to phone ins but my guess would be a Derby caller.

It could be any of the above.
  • edited May 2021
    I said on the super league thread. A vast amount of the so called top 6 supporters are only interested in themselves and those other 5 clubs. 
  • I miss the days when 606 was about daft stuff like best snack at football or funniest time someone fell over etc, rather than just people whinging.
  • I said on the super league thread. A vast amount of the so called top 6 supporters are only interested in themselves and those other 5 clubs. 
    That's the trouble mate Spurs and Arsenal can they honestly be called a top 6 club now ? I think their fans need a reality check. Arsenal mid table. Spurs likewise once Kain leaves in the Summer
  • AndyG said:
    I said on the super league thread. A vast amount of the so called top 6 supporters are only interested in themselves and those other 5 clubs. 
    That's the trouble mate Spurs and Arsenal can they honestly be called a top 6 club now ? I think their fans need a reality check. Arsenal mid table. Spurs likewise once Kain leaves in the Summer
    Spurs not sure but Arsenal have a massive fan base and in semi recent history they've done well domestically
  • Danny Baker, wow, yes, I'd forgotten about him. To be fair it was also good with Mark Chapman and never the same since.
  • No idea who the presenters are , stopped listening years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• I stopped listening to football on 5, talk sport, 606 as its the same 6 clubs on a rotation basis, the only time they ever spoke about a team maybe in the championship or below, is if something extraordinary happened in the game and they needed a first hand witness account.
  • 606 did indeed die  death when Danny Baker left, his massively fattened up story about how he killed Bob Marley always makes me chuckle among thousands of other avenues he disappears down. Savage is a shite broadcaster completely dumbs down what should be a really entertaining couple of hours of chat. DJ Spoony is a good dj and seems like a nice bloke but he has absolutely no business hosting something like that. Colin Murray is an excellent broadcaster 

I have to park the spanner thing with him, he is a brilliant broadcaster and I'm gutted his stuff is all patreon only now.