Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So in one sentence how is everyone feeling about tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    Overwhelming resignation. Like almost everyone else it seems.

I wonder if supporters of other clubs would be quite as pessimistic as ourselves in this situation? I doubt it somehow, but experience supporting our lot must trigger a self defence mechanism in us or something. 
  • Options
    Definitely feel like we blew our chances of the play-offs in previous weeks BUT it's the slim hope that keeps returning!
  • Options

I wonder if supporters of other clubs would be quite as pessimistic as ourselves in this situation? I doubt it somehow, but experience supporting our lot must trigger a self defence mechanism in us or something. 
    Probably, the majority of clubs aren’t successful most seasons which builds a nice natural sense of pessimism to help dampen down hopes and dreams. 

If it was only one club that we needed to slip up, two is one too many. 
  • Options
    Don’t expect anything - i was resigned to us being in League 1 next season weeks ago. If the play off happen then great, but for me no crowds in the ground has meant this season has been a write off. I don’t particularly like the idea of us getting to Wembley and not being there. 

It’s all about next season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I don't see us getting in the last playoff spot.

If it was between us winning and one other team not then we have a chance but with two other teams involved its a very long shot, but it's a strange old world.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Probably, the majority of clubs aren’t successful most seasons which builds a nice natural sense of pessimism to help dampen down hopes and dreams. 

If it was only one club that we needed to slip up, two is one too many. 
    This. I strongly believe we will win and Accrington won’t get beat today. Oxford result is the one i am concerned about. 
  • Options
    Where there is a chance there is hope, I've put on the same t-shirt I wore at Wembley a couple of years ago....well I can always hope superstition helps!
  • Options
    Not expecting anything at all. But still a little part of me that has hope. We never do it the easy way. But 99% of me knows the chance is very slim. However still got them final day nerves already 
  • Options

• Options
    Looking forward to the Abbey Stadium and the Cambridge Brew House
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worse case scenario is the other two losing and us failing to win.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Bristol Rovers at Twerton Park. 
  • Options
    Same as @Baldybonce, I just want us to go out and win.  I don’t think we’ve been good enough this season based on performances.   psychologically, my head hasn’t really gotten into the mindset that this is a team is one that can go up, however, be great to just finish the season on a high.

That Millwall result y’day is a great example.  I don’t think we’ll get beat 6-1 (I hope).  But I do think if we lost, it would just be a poor end to a frustrating season and we need a decent performance to give us something to leave on a high with.  

I’ve liked hearing Adkins pre March thoughts, that’s positive and that’s all I want. A win.
  • Options
    If Portsmouth win I think we should get to have a playoff against KR's Oxford to sort out bragging rights 
  • Options
    Don’t expect but hope. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to the Abbey Stadium and the Cambridge Brew House
    Looking forward to weekend away in Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Hopeful but not expecting it to go our way, have to be when relying on three results.

Adkins said carpe diem in this morning’s video, seize the day, but I’m feeling more like Bowyer - it is what it is.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If Portsmouth win I think we should get to have a playoff against KR's Oxford to sort out bragging rights 
    Out of interest, how did you secure this date.  I’ve been out the dating scene for almost 2 years now.  Like me, would’ve had you down on Guardian Soulmates, but I hear that is no more 
  • Options
    90 + 2

Charlton 1 Hull 0
    Oxford 1 Burton 1
    Portsmouth 0 Accrington 1

Magennis scores.
  • Options
    Still too angry about Crewe and Accrington results to be bothered by this pub team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    Out of interest, how did you secure this date.  I’ve been out the dating scene for almost 2 years now.  Like me, would’ve had you down on Guardian Soulmates, but I hear that is no more 
    This one via a special-interest site. Obviously there have been other, more...frivolous dates via the typical apps we all know and hate, but if you want to meet someone you'll be excited about I recommend doing some digging. What are your interests? There's a dating site for more or less anything
  • Options
    I just hope we know with about 20 minutes to go.

If all 3 games are 0-0 or 1-0 with 20 minutes left I don't think I could take it. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    This one via a special-interest site. Obviously there have been other, more...frivolous dates via the typical apps we all know and hate, but if you want to meet someone you'll be excited about I recommend doing some digging. What are your interests? There's a dating site for more or less anything
    Was it around a shared interest in ball playing centre backs?
  • Options
    Getting stupidly more optimistic whilst knowing full well it  will be all over in either the first 10 minutes or the last few minutes. 
  • Options
    Getting stupidly more optimistic whilst knowing full well it  will be all over in either the first 10 minutes or the last few minutes. 
    Don’t do it to yourself! Do what I do, have a lot of beers during the game and pretend you’ve enjoyed yourself. Then when you have sobered up and realised we are shit, kick the nearest thing to you - wether it be the TV, wife, kid or cat. You will feel so guilty but realise you support Charlton - what else do you expect apart from misery?

look on the bright side, soon we will be free to go, get all set for it, and some wanker will eat a bat soup again and we back in full blown lockdown and unable to go. 
  • Options
    When you're not that into her and you know she loves you and you are going to get a pregnancy test. 
  • Options
    one word .. optimistic .. why not be ?, it's as valid as being pessimistic 
  • Options
    Out of our hands, BUT while there is a chance i have hope.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    When you're not that into her and you know she loves you and you are going to get a pregnancy test. 
    Is this a prediction for the football or for me