Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Got To Feel For Nige This Week

Can't be nice telling players , you've got to let them go, the dirty side of the job , i guess, i'm sure he's used to it, and has got the right personality to tell people there services are no longer required, i wouldn't like to do it,thats for sure.

Comments

• He will do it in a very professional way I’m sure and in most cases it will already be obvious that it is coming - due to lack of appearances or low number of direct re-assuring conversations.

Moving around, particularly when your contract is winding down is something that pro footballers are very very familiar with and most if not all of our squad could get contracts with League One or Two (at worst) clubs, so I think Nige and the exiting players will all be alright.
  • edited May 2021
    In terms of the squad players, I suppose they will find new clubs easily enough. It is much harder I would imagine telling the youngsters who probably won't. 
  • edited May 2021
    #walkingsbrilliant
    Close the door on your way out.
  • In terms of the squad players, I suppose they will find new clubs easily enough. It is much harder I would imagine telling the youngsters who probably won't. 
    Completely agree, and the older ones will know the score, be well aware their contract is up & have a strong inkling of whether they might be offered a new one or not.
  • It's also a hard conversation when players you want to keep tell you they're leaving, or demand silly money to stay...