Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How people from Bromley pioneered football in South America

Comments

• Options
    Great read. I have a good Uruguayan friend who adopted Charlton while he was living over here - as a Nacional fan he won't be impressed to find out that SE London gave them Peñarol...
  • Options
    Ever thought of pissing off out there to help encourage their progress?

Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Ever thought of pissing off out there to help encourage their progress?

Asking for a friend.
    Anything to get further away from you, you miserable sod.

PS looking forward to my invite to your away day entertainment packages
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Genoa and Athletic Bilbao are two other clubs founded by people from these shores, miners in the latter case if I remember correctly.  Hence why the names are Anglicised instead of in the native tongue and why the full name of the former is Genoa Cricket and Football Club.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Genoa and Athletic Bilbao are two other clubs founded by people from these shores, miners in the latter case if I remember correctly.  Hence why the names are Anglicised instead of in the native tongue and why the full name of the former is Genoa Cricket and Football Club.
    The same with Milan foot-ball and cricket club, still have the cross of St George in their badge.  Then they decided they were Italian nationalists and kicked out any foreign members who formed F.C. Internazionale Milano.

AC still use the Anglicised version today.