Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    And conceded three against Oxford. We didn't manage that either :)
  • Options
    And scored 6 against.   We definitely never looked like doing that  :)
  • Options
    True
  • Options
    Despite it being a crap season, we took three points off Blackpool, and Lincoln and four off Sunderland and Oxford. And it should have been 6 against Oxford but for a missed penalty. I have to forget and get over that bloody penalty!
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool.  Shows what can be done after years of backroom sabotage.  Us next year I hope.
  • Options
    Wahey, come on The Mighty
  • Options
    From BBC :smiley::smiley: 86 mins

Post update

Blackpool 3-3 Oxford (6-3 agg)

"Karl Robinson looks gutted, how he will rue the home game and how he too will rue the short-lived joy of their comebacks in this game. Just didn't keep hold of any advantage they have chiselled out tonight."

Rather nice that he knows now :D how it feels to be "gutted".............  :)

• Options
    At the risk of sounding 'soft' the fat James Corden chants are a bit tasteless for me.

In a world where we are trying to push for less online social media abuse how is it ok for a hundred or so fans to keep chanting a bloke is fat?

Just kind of makes a mockery of the whole push for creating a better space for people online imo 
    Blimey.
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool. Now let’s hope Sunderland can turn it around against Lincoln.
  • Options
    Nah.  Sunderland always implode.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why blimey? I'm just saying for how much we are trying to silence online abuse and talk about mental health why is it ok/funny to make fun of a blokes weight live on TV repeatedly? Personally wouldn't dream of doing it

I doubt Karl will care too much cause he's a strong character but you just never know off the cameras 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Why blimey? I'm just saying for how much we are trying to silence online abuse and talk about mental health why is it ok/funny to make fun of a blokes weight live on TV repeatedly? Personally wouldn't dream of doing it

I doubt Karl will care too much cause he's a strong character but you just never know off the cameras 
    Fair point.  It begs the question of whether any humour based around disparaging comments is acceptable.  Do you think we should also drop the "ahhhhhhh you're shit" chant for oppo goalies?  As a fully paid up wet lefty liberal I get a lot of fun from some of the scurrilous chanting that goes on in football grounds and I suppose if the whole stadium rose as one and turned to me to slag me off I would find it difficult, I'm not sure that calling Karl Robinson a fat James Corden is the same as simply hurling abuse at a player you don't like.
  • Options
    All my in laws are Blackpool, I’ve nabbed a ticket for the final. Will try and sneak the Charlton flag in, keep your eyes peeled. 
  • Options
    Just heard that McGeady has waived the right for a new deal .. how things change .. 5 years ago Lincoln were in the National League and Sunderland in the Premier
  • Options
    Got a mixture today .. L1 .. Oxford v Blackpool .. and in L2, the west country shoot out .. Newport v Forest Green
    I don't think you can call Newport as being in the West Country, I'd call it as being in Wales. Come to that neither is FGR.
    Wales is in the west and so is Nailsworth .. you need an atlas of the UK and something more important to type abou

'The west country' refers to the west of England, not the west of the UK, because England is a country and the UK is a union of countries.
    says who ?
    Says logic. Do we refer to Scotland as 'The North' or The North Country?' As you live in Lincolnshire, may I ask if you refer to Denmark as 'The East Country?'
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding 'soft' the fat James Corden chants are a bit tasteless for me.

In a world where we are trying to push for less online social media abuse how is it ok for a hundred or so fans to keep chanting a bloke is fat?

Just kind of makes a mockery of the whole push for creating a better space for people online imo 
    I do see what you're arguing here but the chanting is not online, it's in a football ground, so is it really the same thing? 

The online stuff is really abusive and anonymous.

Robinson has been called far worse, at Wimbledon for starters.

He does look a bit like Cordon actually.
  • Options
    Got a mixture today .. L1 .. Oxford v Blackpool .. and in L2, the west country shoot out .. Newport v Forest Green
    I don't think you can call Newport as being in the West Country, I'd call it as being in Wales. Come to that neither is FGR.
    Wales is in the west and so is Nailsworth .. you need an atlas of the UK and something more important to type abou

'The west country' refers to the west of England, not the west of the UK, because England is a country and the UK is a union of countries.
    says who ?
    Says logic. Do we refer to Scotland as 'The North' or The North Country?' As you live in Lincolnshire, may I ask if you refer to Denmark as 'The East Country?'
    If someone asked me 'where is Inverness' ?, I'd say way up north in Scotland , likewise 'where is Newport' ?, out west in Wales .. and as for Denmark, there is a great stretch of water between Lincolnshire and Denmark with Holland in between .. basically your 'logic' is just your opinion and as for using the Denmark analogy, you're dragging a geographical discussion into the area of argumentative nonsense, especially as you don't recognise Western Gloucestershire, where Nailsworth, the home of FGR is situated in the western Cotswolds, as the 'west country' ..  have a nice day
  • Options
    Bournemouth 1 up on the day. Ha ha
  • Options
    Bournemouth 1 up on the day. Ha ha
    expect a right battle in this one .. BUT things look bleak for the Bees .. AND for my acca  :'(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021

says who ?
    If someone asked me 'where is Inverness' ?, I'd say way up north in Scotland , likewise 'where is Newport' ?, out west in Wales .. and as for Denmark, there is a great stretch of water between Lincolnshire and Denmark with Holland in between .. basically your 'logic' is just your opinion and as for using the Denmark analogy, you're dragging a geographical discussion into the area of argumentative nonsense, especially as you don't recognise Western Gloucestershire, where Nailsworth, the home of FGR is situated in the western Cotswolds, as the 'west country' ..  have a nice day
    Gloucestershire is in the west country, I reckon, but some may say not - what are you on about?

I think that you're the one being argumentative - the example you gave yourself of Newport in actual speech shows that you wouldn't refer to a town in Wales as 'in the west country'. Whatever next?: Lincoln in the home counties?
  • Options
    Bees pen .. 1-1
  • Options
    Hmm Bournemouth can argue its not a penalty all they like but that was a very unnatural position for his arms to be in. 
  • Options
    Oh Begovic you twat!!
  • Options
    Brentford win as many penalties as Man Utd. Almost every time I see Toney has scored, it’s a penalty. 
  • Options
    Not sure I agree with Don Goodman who is adamant that the defenders arms were in a “natural position”
  • Options
    I didn’t care who won this before, but I want Bournemouth to lose now, just because of Begovic’s ludicrous antics after the penalty. Fucking prick.
  • Options
    Shocked that Ivan Toney just got booked for pushing Begovic over to get the ball back. Yes he shouldnt be doing it but the ref has encouraged Goalkeepers to do that, so its not just them that get a cheap booking but the opposition player as well. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not sure I agree with Don Goodman who is adamant that the defenders arms were in a “natural position”
    Yeah, I thought that. But I do like Goodman generally. He’s a good old pro, he doesn’t give it the old “you wouldn’t understand if you didn’t play the game” and you can tell he just loves his football, so I’m willing to cut him a break. And it’s fair to say the penno was harsh!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Yeah, I thought that. But I do like Goodman generally. He’s a good old pro, he doesn’t give it the old “you wouldn’t understand if you didn’t play the game” and you can tell he just loves his football, so I’m willing to cut him a break. And it’s fair to say the penno was harsh!
    Oh yeah I like him, just disagree on that particular point.