Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Go

Anyone else have issues with this app? Using the desktop version, I have to restart my computer pretty much every time to get it to work without cutting out every few seconds. Don't have any issues on my phone using it. Don't have any other problems with my computer as it is fairly new.

It's not too much of a problem as my computer has a SSD so restarting takes about 5 seconds but it is rather tedious!

Comments

• Options
    Nope works absolutely fine for me... Sorry
  • Options
    Every time I turn my Mac on I have to update the app. It takes about 2 minutes.

ANnoying, but not the end of the world.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Nope works absolutely fine for me... Sorry
    bastard glad it works :)
  • Options
    It's a crap app. Sky are so far behind with their streaming services compared to Netflix and amazon, even BT. 

• Options
    It is shit 

I dont normally have to restart anything though just sit through 5 minutes of adverts a lot 
  • Options
    I have problems with Netflix through sky but nit when I watch it through the built in tv Netflix app
  • Options
    It's a crap app. Sky are so far behind with their streaming services compared to Netflix and amazon, even BT. 

They don’t see their apps as their primary business (they consider the set top box experience to be a ‘premium’ service) so they don’t spend any time or money fixing them. Sky Go is built on ancient software and hasn’t been updated much for a decade. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

They don’t see their apps as their primary business (they consider the set top box experience to be a ‘premium’ service) so they don’t spend any time or money fixing them. Sky Go is built on ancient software and hasn’t been updated much for a decade. 
    Thats hard to argue with, they have always had the best platform. SkyQ is miles better than the Virgin Media equivalent and leave BT in the dust. 

• Options
    Carter said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Thats hard to argue with, they have always had the best platform. SkyQ is miles better than the Virgin Media equivalent and leave BT in the dust. 

Thing is, NowTV is supposed to be the non-premium version aimed at younger audiences. But it’s really expensive and uses much of the same system as Sky Go. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Had so many issues with connectivity using Sky Q and BT Broadband.
    After an engineer visit, they replaced the box and have added a booster that’s hard-wired to the BT router.
    This apparently makes the Sky boxes think it’s a Sky router so hopefully it will work okay now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fine on my mobile devices.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It's slow on every computer. I have a fairly new computer with Ryzen 3700X processor (in layman's terms - bloody rapid) and it's slow even on that. Absolute shocker of an app.
  • Options
    It's slow on every computer. I have a fairly new computer with Ryzen 3700X processor (in layman's terms - bloody rapid) and it's slow even on that. Absolute shocker of an app.
    As Jimmy said, it's not going to be the computer - it's just a dated App.