Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW POLL: What you gonna call the Alan Curbishley Stand?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I always used to say we should name a corner after him as Curbishley Corner sounded great.

I'll be calling it the The Curbs for the most part
  • Options
    I prefer the anagram - Incurably Hales Stand
  • Options
    The Alan Curbishley Stand all the way for me. It is an honour for him that it has been named after him and I think we should all go that extra word or two with respect.

Do Utd fan’s refer to Sir Matt Busby’s Way as Sir Matt’s Way or SMB’s way, none that I know, they call it out proud and I think we should do too.

The man in a legend, so all take a deep breath...
    When United fans are in the pub I doubt they say "Sir Alex Ferguson stand" in full
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A road in Welling which was severed In the 1970s to prevent through traffic was renamed William Foster Lane and Stephenson Close around 2005 because the emergency services not unreasonably found it confusing to have three different Station Approaches in Welling, none of which were accessible from each other. Fifteen years later I still call each bit of it Station Approach... 
  • Options
    The Someone's gonna sit in it, why not us Stand.

The Jimmy Seed stand was so named in 1981 and 40 years some fans still don't use that name so don't expect a sudden change
  • Options
    A road in Welling which was severed In the 1970s to prevent through traffic was renamed William Foster Lane and Stephenson Close around 2005 because the emergency services not unreasonably found it confusing to have three different Station Approaches in Welling, none of which were accessible from each other. Fifteen years later I still call each bit of it Station Approach... 
    Never called it anything else to this day Rick  :D
  • Options
  • Options
    Curbs Stand for me,it rolls off the tongue easier...but The Alan Curbishley Stand if non Charlton mates do ever ask where I stand...errrm sit...👍
  • Options
    Tartan Towers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mendez in his commentary just called it the Curbs stand!
  • Options
    Curb's Shed
  • Options
    The Gut - ner Stand (JD entrance).
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mendez in his commentary just called it the Curbs stand!
    Yeah and he shouldn’t have, it’s not been decided yet! 🧐
  • Options
    By the way......I know The Curb Side has been well received by a few at the training ground.
  • Options
    East stand sat there since 1998
  • Options
    I will be calling it The Alan Curbishley Stand in normal conversation, though probably just 'Curbishley' if a bit squiffy. Still delighted at the simple, yet endearing, gesture made by the club / TS.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So......when do we get the result and confirmation of its nickname?
    It would appear that The Curb Side (from the number of likes to the post suggesting it), would be the front runner if given the choice but there wasn’t an option to select that or indeed, for what you actually wanted?
    Sorry Bart but I don’t know how this can be righted?
  • Options
    Fuck's sake............admin, can you change my user name to Alan Curbishley Stand Mike please  ;)

All joking aside it will always be the East Stand to me much the same as the away end is the South Stand, never called it the Jimmy Seed stand in my life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuck's sake............admin, can you change my user name to Alan Curbishley Stand Mike please  ;)

All joking aside it will always be the East Stand to me much the same as the away end is the South Stand, never called it the Jimmy Seed stand in my life.
    same - happy for both managers to have their names on them though 
  • Options
    It will always be the Bob Peeters stand in my eyes...................

• Options
    If you ticked ‘something else’, what is it?
    The Alan Curbishley