Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Our First Signing Will Be.......

Given the fact that a summer lies ahead of us with excitement, anticipation, and super high expectations, something we haven’t had in years (well maybe the exact opposite of all those things) which position (or player) do you think will be our first signing of the summer?

I’m going for Stockley on a free transfer.

Comments

• Options
    Jason Pearce signs a new contract
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    First "new" player iE not an existing player or loanee will be that goalkeeper we've been linked with.
  • Options
    Reece Burke
  • Options
    Jayden Stockley
  • Options
    Given the fact that a summer lies ahead of us with excitement, anticipation, and super high expectations, something we haven’t had in years (well maybe the exact opposite of all those things) which position (or player) do you think will be our first signing of the summer?

I’m going for Stockley on a free transfer.
    Stockley won’t be on a free. c.500k.
  • Options
    Already happened.

Alan Curbishley Stand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Someone unknown and out of a blue on a free from another League 1 club.

Predictable responses from the most extreme pessimists "if this is where we're shopping there's no chance we'll be promoted", "Thomas wanted European football in 5 years, this signing screams Roland", "might has well have kept Pratley" etc.

This player will turn out to be a key signing playing 40+ games.
    You forgot "

why have we signed a (insert position) our priority should be (insert different position)" @Scoham
    Don't know how I missed that one, it's 100% guaranteed to appear after multiple signings are confirmed :D
  • Options
    In june
  • Options
    We'll wait to see who the stand out performers are at the Euros then make our move.
    Don’t know why you got LOLs for that - we could be looking for signings in the North Macedonian Premier League.
  • Options
    Ben Watson taking up the option of another year
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We'll wait to see who the stand out performers are at the Euros then make our move.
    Don’t know why you got LOLs for that - we could be looking for signings in the North Macedonian Premier League.
    He meant the “Eurovision” not the “European” I’m sure🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs
  • Options
    Underwhelming
  • Options
    From Denmark...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For a moment, this was turning into the thinking man/woman's version of the rumours thread!

Stockley please. We should have had a headstart about his and the club's appetite.
  • Options
    Somebody called Matt Smith.

Matt Smith the big unit Striker is the only Matt Smith who hasn't played for Cafc.

I do like Stockley and he is a Dorset lad which is all good as long as we combine playing the ball on the deck and in the air.

Otherwise let's sign Douglas Bader. He was better in the air than the ground.

Ps. Douglas Bader was a hero of mine so piss off PC's.

• Options

Matt Smith the big unit Striker is the only Matt Smith who hasn't played for Cafc.

I do like Stockley and he is a Dorset lad which is all good as long as we combine playing the ball on the deck and in the air.

That won't be the first signing.

He will be signed on loan on the last day of the January window. 
  • Options

I work with a guy called Matt Smith. I don't think he ever played for us but I will ask him next time (and no he's not the Dr Who one)
  • Options
    I do wonder if Thomas will show that he is serious.

The best way would be to make a big quality signing.
    This would show the division and other new signings that Charlton are going to give it a real go this season.

So my suggestion for the first signing, is that we are going to resign Josh Cullen on a permanent transfer.

Remember you heard it here first.
    But this my rumor, this has no foundation apart from my hope who I would like to see.
  • Options

I'm really really trying hard to restrain myself from the Johnny Jackson joke  ;)
  • Options
    ...our last? 🤭
  • Options
    Is this the rebranded rumours thread? 
  • Options
    I do wonder if Thomas will show that he is serious.

The best way would be to make a big quality signing.
    This would show the division and other new signings that Charlton are going to give it a real go this season.

So my suggestion for the first signing, is that we are going to resign Josh Cullen on a permanent transfer.

Remember you heard it here first.
    But this my rumor, this has no foundation apart from my hope who I would like to see.
    Good luck with that. Vincent Kompany loves him. And from what I’ve read, Cullen loves it at Anderlecht….unfortunately 
  • Options
    I actually think it will be Kanu. He must only be about 25 still.