Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prem League Manager of Year

tough call this year 

Prem League Manager of Year 116 votes

Guardiola
17%
AFKABartramAlgarveaddickKBslittlesisoohaahmortimerChris_from_Sidcupstackitstevecharlton_heroCAFCsayerkidbrookeaddickCovered_End_LadRobSheffieldRedEric_Daleswmcf123TeamOfKermorgantsbobmunroRed_ChesterYann897Big_Bad_WorldHorsfield9 20 votes
Moyes
38%
_MrDickCurb_ItJohnBoyUKroseandcrownCovered EndHornchurchSE10AddickBangkokaddickstoneroses19North Lower NeilShootersHillGuruRedArmySE7Afternoon Delightcovered_end_juniorMrLargoalan dugdalecraigcafcse9addickeastbourne_addickRedhenry 45 votes
Rogers
24%
ElthamaddickHenry IrvingSaladAddicktedaliwibbleChicagoAddickCarterholyjothai malaysia addickBournemouth AddickMrOneLungcafc83RodneyCharltonTrottaJohnnyJoeyDeeDeeBedsaddickSydneyaddickMendonca In AsdasphilcafcPrincessFionaTodds_right_hook 28 votes
Bielsa
17%
cafcpoloCharltonparklane9goalswentpastperryRichard JAddick AddictmoutuakillaCharltonKerrySageSotonAddick_nam11FishCostaFortuneChippycafcAddicksAddictaddixLeeds_AddickSouthWest_AddicksCroydonAddick1Cafc43v3rAndyGCAFC_Lewis 20 votes
Other
2%
StigDazzler21Karim_myBagheri 3 votes

Comments

• Rogers
    Rogers 
  • Moyes
    I thought Moyes was finished. But, fair play to him, especially when you consider the madness at the start of the season with Noble publicly criticising the owners.

He’s done an amazing job.
  • Moyes
    Just about Moyes for me, fine margins though - probably would have gone Rogers if Leicester had made the Champions League.
  • Bielsa
    Bielsa. Brought a breathe of fresh air with their approach to every game they played. Not frightened to turn up anywhere and play their attractive style of play.
  • Moyes
    Close field but Moyes has to edge it for me. Bit of a resurrection after the Man U debacle.
  • Bielsa
    50/50 between Bielsa and Moyes. Bielsa probably edges it for me
  • Guardiola
    Pep for me - beautiful football.
  • Guardiola
    Pep... they've been unstoppable this year, playing lovely stuff too
  • edited May 2021
    Moyes
    Moyes all day long for me.

The turnaround has been great to watch (even as a Spurs fan).

Excellent recruitment (Dawson has been very good at CB, Coufal has been a revellation at RB and they picked him up for relative peanuts and Soucek and Rice have been brilliant in the middle giving a platform for Antonion and his electric pace)

Their attitude has been spot on and they've never given up (3-0 down to Spurs in the 82nd min to come back and draw 3-3 was galling for Spurs but that summed their season up)

Next season will be a huge test for them.  They dont have a huge squad and they'll need it for the Europa League.  Thurs Sun Thurs Sun weeks are a killer especially when you can be away for 3 of the 4 games.

Up to GSB to splash the cash and boost their squad numbers but they're going to have all the big boys going after Rice and Soucek.
  • Other
    Hodgeson. His decision to retire opens the door to a stripy Nigel freefall. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Moyes
    Moyes no question for me

Bloke has effectively been ridiculed everywhere and has been no more than a meme since taking the Man Utd job.

Be curious to see how they do next year, just to see if this was a flash in the pan season for him

Either way though it should detract from his achievements this term
  • Guardiola
    Tough call but I have to go with Pep.

He was under a lot of pressure being so far behind Liverpool last year and had a terrible start to the season, 13th in table on 21st Nov 9 games in and just taken a pounding off Spurs. No panic though, and the run that followed was incredible. Yes he’s got the resources most others haven’t, but that could easily have gone wrong this years. As it stands, it’s a minimum double season and could well be a Champions League treble on Saturday. 
  • Moyes
    Moyes for me too. West Ham fans generally not happy before this season and I was definitely expecting a bottom half finish, although relegation would have been a surprise. 

Rodgers may have been in the running but missing out on 4th was a disappointment for them. They won the cup but Leicester have a pretty decent squad now and with Liverpool having a poor run and Spurs/Arsenal not being particularly good, they did run out of steam again for the second season in a row. 

Man City have been superb, and perhaps slightly harshly on Pep their quality means there's always a certain level of expectation. But they've still met, and probably exceeded that, and do so by playing great football. Boost for England too, with the emergence of Foden and the re-emergence of Stones. 

Bielsa has done a superb job and fair play to Leeds. I do feel they've been helped by a number of teams doing poorly, particularly in front of goal. Newcastle have been poor for 3/4 of the season and ended up finishing 12th. The 10 point gap between 11th and 12th shows the league was pretty much split into two, with none of those bottom nine ever looking particularly good. However I think both Leeds and Villa have done well to become part of that top 11. 
  • Guardiola
    Guardiola 
    I can't bring myself to vote wet spam , only thing going for them is they hate the scum
  • Bielsa
    Not a fan of LUFC but you have to admire what Bielsa's done and on, what, only £90,000,000 someone said here?
  • Moyes
    To improve West Ham from 16th to 6th is a massive improvement, and it's not as if Moyes has outspent the teams around him either

39 points in 2019/20
    65 points in 2020/21
  • Moyes
    Moyes 
    Comparing squads, budgets etc, I think Moyes has produced something pretty special for the Hammers this season. Coufal and Lindgard were great bits of business and Moyes showed that he could get the best out of a pretty much forgotten man at Utd in Lindgard. Really pleased for Moyes that he secured European football against the odds.

Bielsa would be my 2nd choice. What a job he has done at Leeds and with a 3-3-3-1 system - wtf!
  • Bielsa
    Moyes has done a fantastic job at West Ham, but he has experience of finishing in those positions and already had some very good Premier League players in the squad.

Bielsa has mainly kept the same team he has had for the last two years, played the football we all have witnessed previously and not changed his style of philosophy for anything. They were unbeaten at home against the so called big six, they won away at the champions, and they proved everyone wrong that they apparently burn out at the end of the season.

It's not a surprise to me that when they started to get the spine of the team fit, mainly their defenders, the results were fantastic. Had they not had the injuries they had in defence, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in a European place.

For me, it has to be Bielsa. 
  • Bielsa
    Moyes done very well for West Ham. But Bielsa has not only got Leeds playing in such an attractive way, being brave against the top sides. 
  • Moyes
    Moyes
  • Sponsored links:

• Moyes
    Guardiola deserves so much credit for reinventing his team for Covid, which is taking an unprecedented situation in sport and adapting to it almost immediately. That's mind-boggling. Moyes though, just look at that West Ham team. They've signed next to no-one, just making two loans permanent and bringing in a right back who has been the best in the league this season. Then somehow turning what was left of Lingard in to Messi every other week and getting the most out of Craig Dawson, while also selling basically their only number 9, average as he was, and not replacing him. Their highest scorer got 10 goals, they suddenly turned a promising academy holding midfielder into a ball carrying attacking threat and they built on a strong defence and a refusal to stay dead. I hate to say this because it's West Ham, but it really does bear some likeness to a Curbs season, only without the ridiculous refusal to play after March. No idea how he's done it
  • Bielsa
    Not a fan of LUFC but you have to admire what Bielsa's done and on, what, only £90,000,000 someone said here?
    I voted Bielsa.  Yes they did spend 90 million in the summer, but their is an * against most of them, or at least the clubs they manage. 
  • Rogers
    I voted Rogers.

Moyes has done really well. Annoyingly. But it was a crap year overall, which he's exploited fair and square. West Ham will be nowhere near as competitive next year but if Leicester invest wisely, with the job Rogers has done I'd expect them to be up there again in the top 6 or 7.

Plus he finally won them the FA Cup for heavens sake. 
  • Moyes
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Moyes all day long for me.

The turnaround has been great to watch (even as a Spurs fan).

Excellent recruitment (Dawson has been very good at CB, Coufal has been a revellation at RB and they picked him up for relative peanuts and Soucek and Rice have been brilliant in the middle giving a platform for Antonion and his electric pace)

Their attitude has been spot on and they've never given up (3-0 down to Spurs in the 82nd min to come back and draw 3-3 was galling for Spurs but that summed their season up)

Next season will be a huge test for them.  They dont have a huge squad and they'll need it for the Europa League.  Thurs Sun Thurs Sun weeks are a killer especially when you can be away for 3 of the 4 games.

Up to GSB to splash the cash and boost their squad numbers but they're going to have all the big boys going after Rice and Soucek.
    Made the difference between Europa League & Europa Conference too.