Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BEAT THE BOOKIE 2020/21 FINAL WEEK 34 and end of season results

7 out of 61 lifers got a return on their virtual tenner this final week.
@Starinnaddick is the weekly winner with wins for Newcastle (3.40) and Tottenham (3.40) netting them £115.60
Collectively just under £3k down if laid with a real bookie.
Congratulations to @Big_Bob who is this years champion.
@Sonicstud85 was runner up and also had the biggest single return of the season with £612.
@CL_Phantom was third.
The top 3 along with @Lewis Coaches and @Sillybilly were weekly winners on 2 occasions and @Redmidland had the most returns with 13.
@Big_Bob, @CL_Phantom, @southamptonaddick and @cherryorchard all had three treble figure returns.
36 out of the 99 lifers that took part would’ve shown a profit if laid with a real bookie.
On the flip side, @johnnybev1987 @Paddy Powell and @Addick Addict all drew blanks in all 34 weeks.
I hope winners backed it in reality or at least this acts towards showing how difficult just picking 3 results can be and can be used as  a tool to measure and control having a flutter.
If anyone has any ideas on freshening the competition for next season then let us know and will consider if not too much additional work. 
Or if someone else wants to take the reigns, just let us know and I don’t mind stepping aside.
In any case, see you next season.

Comments

• cheers @paulbaconsarnie love this competition (if only I'd backed all mine for real!), in real life my tipping is nowhere near as successful !

Personally I don't think this needs any tweaking at all, it's great in it's current format.

• Current format is fine. If it's not broke don't fix it. 
  • Thanks for all the effort you put in.

Agree with others, doesn't need tweaking 
  • As others have said leave as it is as it works perfectly. 
    Many thanks for doing it.
  • Agreed - great as it is.  I'm highly delighted to have finished tenth despite having a pretty abysmal success rate.  Thanks again for all your hard work.
  • I like it as it is. Thanks for all the hard work, @paulbaconsarnie. After getting no wins for the whole of last season, I'm actually quite chuffed to be in 14th place too.
  • Surprisingly I managed to finish fourth.  :)
    The format works well and is easy for everyone to understand so no tweaking required.
    Thanks @paulsbaconsarnie for all your effort.
    Looking forward to trying to break into the top 3 next season.  ;)
  • No tweaking required. Great fun. Thanks for doing this. 
  • Not one winner all season . Going for three outsiders every week is not the way to go ! 
    Thanks for Organising 
  • Sponsored links:

• My aims this season were to be consistent and finish in the same position as Cafc ?
    And I managed that to end up in 7th !

11 trebles came in so all good though i couldn't get near Big Bob who with his 3 wins blew everybody out the water.

Bravo to @paulbaconsarnie
  • Had a dire year with this. Cheers for all your efforts @paulbaconsarnie I love this comp and think it works perfectly as it is. Just wish I was better at it!
  • Thanks pbs, I hope you continue doing this next season.
  • Cheers @paulbaconsarnie Great comp mate
  • edited May 2021
    Can only echo everyone else's comments great job and a great laugh every season. I don't care where I finish as long as its above cblock....maybe have 2 divisions anyone below 40 goes in Division 2. Sorry cblock see you finished 41st.
  • Thanks Mr Bacon Sarnie, i am impressed i managed to get all trebles wrong. Thats some going!  odd when i have actually had my best season in reality with the bookies, strange game! 

Cheers for all the effort that goes into this, i wouldn't change a thing. 
  • Thanks for all your hard work @paulbaconsarnie
  • Top work Paul as always
  • Top work - enjoy this every week - well done.  Always amazes me how hard it is to pick 3 wins. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks again @paulbaconsarnie. I absolutely love this competition.
    Having turned a profit in four of the five seasons I have entered this. I've just checked back and realised I would have been £615.77 up if I had actually placed those bets! And that is with just 16 winning weeks out of over 160!! I will definitely be placing a bet each week from now on.

The only change I can suggest is that the  image displaying the odds could be smaller, as it was a few years back, like the ones below. It makes it easier to pick the best value odds, especially when using a phone.

• Cheers PBS for your hard work
    Always nice to remind myself why I gave up gambling 
  • edited May 2021
    My only suggestion is we drop either the prem or championship in favour of the league 1 fixtures. I rarely ever have a bet on prem games. But, not that bothered.  Thanks for your efforts.