Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

another damage to car post - Advice needed - criminal damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    The police will probably do fuck all unfortunately. My mate’s car was driven into a couple of years ago, he saw it happen, took the reg and even had a witness from a car across the road. Admittedly, there wasn’t much damage but they simply weren’t interested.
    Because there’s very little they can do in this instance. If no one’s hurt, it’s usually a matter for insurance. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    cafcfan said:
    rananegra said:
    I think you've got a couple of choices, neither of which are good. Get your insurance company to deal with it, depending on your no claims and excess may not be worth it or really kick off and try and get the police to do it. If you can get the ID of the van owner you could consider a private claim, but getting that may be more trouble than it's worth. 

On the police not being interested, since the Conservatives have successfully defunded them, there's loads of things they won't look at. Even with the evidence. I don't think there's a single other public service that this would be tolerated in. 
    I know we are not supposed to get into politics but budgets for 2017/8 £3.29bn, 2018/19 £3.33bn, 2019/20 £3.66b and 2002/21 £3.89bn for the Metropolitan Police does not sound like defunding to me.
    The police like to see themselves as professionals.  Name one other profession that gets paid overtime. The plod just need to get on with the work frankly.  Their incompetence and wastefulness knows no bounds. Remember all that crap with Keohane and victimising supporters? How much did that waste? They should be doing a much better job for the money they get. 
    I don't want to talk politics either but this is very misleading. The Met's grant fell 29% between 2010-2018. And those numbers you're sharing are 1-2% increases. So effectively, in about 10-20 years they might have the same funding they did in 2010. 

Also in 2010 the Metropolitan Police had 4.1 officers per 1,000 Londoners but in 2018, after cuts to police spending, the ratio dropped to 3.3 officers per 1,000 – the lowest point for twenty years. The cuts are very real and fractional increases being made now don't scratch the surface of what's been done before.

Happy to continue this on the house of commoners. 
    Clever!
  • Options
    The police will probably do fuck all unfortunately. My mate’s car was driven into a couple of years ago, he saw it happen, took the reg and even had a witness from a car across the road. Admittedly, there wasn’t much damage but they simply weren’t interested.
    Because there’s very little they can do in this instance. If no one’s hurt, it’s usually a matter for insurance. 
    Yep, wife was reversed into a few months ago, driver drove off, reported to police, forms filled in, other driver traced, no one hurt, police dropped it. Other parties Insurers not even replied to our insurers so now going to court.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I had an accident a few years back where the other driver was all apologetic in front of a witness then later made up a story which didn't happen. There was a witness who saw him admitting it was his fault as he was late for his daughter's school bus, but he said he was scared of me and intimidated into doing it. That was complete crap. I was angry not not aggressively so.

I took lots of pictures and am sure the damage caused disproved his made up account but the police weren't interested and to be honest, nor were my insurance company. I suppose the damage wasn't sufficient for anybody to care bar me so it went down as 50:50. The injustice of it still annoys me but life isn't fair.