Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I may have said this before but Marcus Bent is a poor mans Bartlett.

Bartlett was a very underrated player in my opinion.
  • Options
    Barts - under valued and under rated.

His crime: playing to Curbs instructions, sacrificing his own game by working too hard for the team.

Model professional and thoroughly nice bloke.

And Nelson Mandela went to his wedding.
  • Options
    Very small head though...
  • Options
    do you reckon it is smaller thank Konchesky's head?
  • Options
    I remember that goal against Leicester especially.

I was doing "Fanzone" for Sky sports for that game and the Leicester fan was a complete knobhead as was his girlfriend who was with him.

She kept saying to me so what is it like being a small club

Oh how I give it to her when that went in.
  • Options
    never should have let Barts go, great player, great guy, jesus did he eat a lot of sweets though!
  • Options
    Paul Williams, during our 'real' 1st Division spell in the 80's, was the one to eat sweets.
    Seem to remember one interview where he said he never had the pre-match meal but ate his fill of sweets for energy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]do you reckon it is smaller thank Konchesky's head?

Konchesky's head wasn't really that small......just wasn't very much in it.
  • Options
    Bartlett was a decent player but he had a terrible injury record and there was also the problem of his absences (and injuries incurred) when he went off to play for SA, especially in the African Nations Cup.
  • Options
    Skint, who posts on here always called him the three month man - three months of football then he'd disappear for three months before starting the cycle again. I had a lot of time for him - worked his nuts off for the team, including in defence. I am however not so sure that was all that prevented him being a prolific scorer - injuries are a factor as well, but he never seemed (that 2 goals in the 3 - 3 debut against MU asides!) as though he'd be a 20 a season man.