Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City v Chelsea CL Final - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Remember when Lampard refused to play the likes of Havertz because they weren't any better than Abraham? 

Or Rudiger not being their best centre back by a mile. 

What a laugh. 
  • Options
    Remember when Lampard refused to play the likes of Havertz because they weren't any better than Abraham? 

Or Rudiger not being their best centre back by a mile. 

What a laugh. 
    it's taken a German manager to get the best from them 
  • Options
    Tuchel gotta be the most dislikable manager going. Despise him and Chelsea
    What????  You can’t be serious, think he comes across as a really nice bloke (and an excellent manager given what’s been shown since he arrived). 

I get people don't like Chelsea but I can’t see how that similarly applies to Tuchel 
    I’m deadly serious, he’s known to be hugely arrogant. Slightly irrational but he comes across as a cocky twat and manages Chelsea (a horrible club). Turned up to the fa cup final in a chelsea tracksuit!! Wheres the suit?
  • Options
    City's display showed how much they need a proper striker (following Aguero's departure after years of wear and tear) .. expect then to break the bank to sign Harry Kane ..
    also, the much vaunted Dias and Stones were made to look slow and cumbersome by the speed of the Chelsea attacks and accurate long passes 'over the top'. Tuchel got his tactics spot on, Peppip has work to do even though his team won the Premier title
  • Options
    What????  You can’t be serious, think he comes across as a really nice bloke (and an excellent manager given what’s been shown since he arrived). 

I get people don't like Chelsea but I can’t see how that similarly applies to Tuchel 
    I’m deadly serious, he’s known to be hugely arrogant. Slightly irrational but he comes across as a cocky twat and manages Chelsea (a horrible club). Turned up to the fa cup final in a chelsea tracksuit!! Wheres the suit?
    Lampard and Arteta didn't wear a suit to last years final and i don't recall anyone saying a thing.
  • Options

Why is it arrogant and cocky to wear a tracksuit instead of a suit? 
  • Options

Because its part of tradition with the FA Cup Final for teams to wear suits on the matchday
  • Options
    City's display showed how much they need a proper striker (following Aguero's departure after years of wear and tear) .. expect then to break the bank to sign Harry Kane ..
    also, the much vaunted Dias and Stones were made to look slow and cumbersome by the speed of the Chelsea attacks and accurate long passes 'over the top'. Tuchel got his tactics spot on, Peppip has work to do even though his team won the Premier title

He should break the bank to get Kante, not that he is likely to leave Chelsea. If France win the Euros Kante will have won just about everything in 5 years.
  • Options

Because its part of tradition with the FA Cup Final for teams to wear suits on the matchday
    I get the tradition and do appreciate that, not sure it makes someone arrogant and cocky though. I thought Tuchel came across very well before and after the game last night, and the quiet moment he had on the pitch with his kids was wonderful to see. But to be fair I haven’t seen him throughout the season, so I may have missed the other side to him.  
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Chelsea but thank f*** City did not win it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He should break the bank to get Kante, not that he is likely to leave Chelsea. If France win the Euros Kante will have won just about everything in 5 years.
    Yet only seven years ago was playing in Ligue 2
  • Options
    I really missed the recorded crowd noise.
    I hope broadcasters will still supply it as an audio option in future.

• Options

Kanté&Kane .. SPECIALSPECIALK
  • Options
    I imagine its because of the charter flights and the fact that fans couldn't really hang about in Porto for a few days after but nice there have been no reports of incidents after the game
  • Options
    Players in tears after the game - I just about get that. But the ref too?
  • Options
    Nadou said:

The fans can't have it both ways.
    Do you want a Robot or a human being ?

The ref just finished the biggest game of his career and was top notch. He saw people going over too easily which he ignored and waved play on.
    As bad as the deliberate body check was which knocked De Bruyne out the game, they are only ever given as yellow cards unless last man, or its clear on VAR that the player has thrown forearm or elbow etc 
  • Options
    Being not really bothered who won I really enjoyed the game. The ref was brilliant imo and kept the game flowing wheres others would have made it stop and start. Tactical masterclass from Chelsea. Hopefully Southgate has the courage to play the youngsters that were on show from both teams last night as they were all superb. 
  • Options

Lampard and Arteta didn't wear a suit to last years final and i don't recall anyone saying a thing.
    That’s poor too
  • Options
    I enjoyed that and i have not watched televised football for years now.

Bit of a hobsons choice for me as i hate both clubs and what they represent with a passion.

Well done YouTube.
  • Options
    Lovely quote from Steve Walsh, the one time Leicester coach and scout .. 'When we won the title we played three in midfield, Danny Drinkwater in the middle with Kanté either side' ..  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I get the tradition and do appreciate that, not sure it makes someone arrogant and cocky though. I thought Tuchel came across very well before and after the game last night, and the quiet moment he had on the pitch with his kids was wonderful to see. But to be fair I haven’t seen him throughout the season, so I may have missed the other side to him.  

That’s poor too
    I get both sides of the discussion... I think rather than being poor of Tuchel I think its poor from the club in general, surely its the club who should be telling coaching staff and players how things should be done come FA Cup Final day.

eg I know Chris Parkes has no weight over the Management here at Charlton, but why isnt the Chelsea club secretary arranging something so they are organised for the trip to Wembley 
  • Options

That’s poor too
    I get both sides of the discussion... I think rather than being poor of Tuchel I think its poor from the club in general, surely its the club who should be telling coaching staff and players how things should be done come FA Cup Final day.

eg I know Chris Parkes has no weight over the Management here at Charlton, but why isnt the Chelsea club secretary arranging something so they are organised for the trip to Wembley 
    Good point mate, I think that’s a fair way of seeing it. Tuchel shouldn’t be expected to know the traditions of FA Cup, but you have to wonder if those inside the club mentioned something (unless they did and he still wore the tracksuit). 
  • Options
    Nadou said:

The fans can't have it both ways.
    Do you want a Robot or a human being ?

The ref just finished the biggest game of his career and was top notch. He saw people going over too easily which he ignored and waved play on.
    As bad as the deliberate body check was which knocked De Bruyne out the game, they are only ever given as yellow cards unless last man, or its clear on VAR that the player has thrown forearm or elbow etc 
    The ref seemed to be enjoying the occasion as much as the players, the officials were lapping the pitch, soaking up the applause after the game  :)
  • Options
    don't like chelsea and wanted city to wein but can't arfue that chelsea deserved to win that and tuchel has completely and utterly shown lampard up - derby proved nothiung but the way tuchel has used the same players in such a better way reflects badly on lampard and there can't be any question about that - just hope palace appoint him
  • Options
    Didnt really care who won,just wanted a show from two English clubs that would light up Europe.Not quite that level but a decent game with virtually no goal mouth action,or goalies being called upon.
    Surprised Sterling started,and Fernandino left out.
    Thought referee was  one of the best I had ever seen,his interaction with the players during the game really took the sting out of some situations,always happy to respond to respectful protests,and explain decisions.
  • Options
    Lovely quote from Steve Walsh, the one time Leicester coach and scout .. 'When we won the title we played three in midfield, Danny Drinkwater in the middle with Kanté either side' ..  :)
    Apparently when Kante joined Leicester he didn't have a driving licence, so the club were going to arrange a car to take him to training. He told them not to worry, he'd run there as it was "Only three miles away". They call what he does the Makelele role, think they will have to rename that soon.
    He is MUCH better at that job than Makelele.. though Maka was probably the benchmark for that role back in the early 2000s
  • Options
    Normally you tend to think of midfield generals as being powerfully built, aggressive and physically imposing, yet Kante manages to dominate play physically despite being quiet, slightly built and only 5'6 (thus failing the Charlton Life height test).
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Kevin De Bruyne left the field in tears after a blatant body check left him with a fractured eye socket and nose, Robert Martinez was also shedding tears when he realized that BT fight night had visited Porto and the likelihood that unless the Ginger one can play in a crash Helmet he will be out of the Euro's.
    Just seems wrong that you can do a dangerous foul that see's your opponent taken to hospital and you get a yellow card that means jack shit unless you do another dodgy foul. No argument with the Ref who gave the yellow card.

Chelsea negated the Maestro from Ghent with robust tackling, body checking and playing with the discipline of a German National team when they picked up trophies.
    Seeing the red faced Russian celebrating, made me want to throw up.
  • Options