Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Farewell Sergio

Sergio Aguero. A man who has been an absolutely outstanding talent, albeit for a club I have little time for. Watching him on the TV  (never saw him 'live'), every time he took control of the ball within (say) 20 yards of goal, he always brought a tingle of anticipation, will he score yet AGAIN, what tricks can he perform.
Though fortunate to play in talented and expensively assembled sets of teams, he was, for me, always a pleasure to watch, a real demon close to goal. Barcelona here he comes, but Manchester saw the best of him

Comments

• Options
    Without a doubt, one of the best the league has ever seen and a grounded, likeable character. Even at his age now, he is one of the worlds best and barca have played a blinder 
  • Options
    I think he only made the PFA team of the year once which seems ridiculous 
  • Options
    Yeah, but he's no Martin Tyler.

Aguero on QPR, 10 years at City and the future | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

3.45 mins.

"I have something for you ... "

• Options
    We've missed a trick there...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t know about farewell Sergio, it should be , welcome Sergio!
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Yeah, but he's no Martin Tyler.

Aguero on QPR, 10 years at City and the future | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

3.45 mins.

"I have something for you ... "

That's a bit weird!!!
  • Options
    strange one Tyler looked odd. Great player and maybe still underrated ?!?
  • Options
    Was always in my dream team. Superb footballer and a credit to his club and country.
  • Options
    Just saw the news that he is set to announce retirement next week due to heart problems.  :'(:'(:'(
    It has been denied by Xavi though. Not sure what to believe but it'd be a big shame if he does retire at this age. That said, life is more important than football.
  • Options
    wise decision to retire .. don't mess with your heart .. a final farewell Sergio  :'(
  • Options
    The best striker the Premier League has ever seen in my opinion. That and a consummate professional.

I wish him a long, happy and above all healthy retirement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality striker - right up there with the best that  the premier league has ever seen. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable that he only made the premier league team of the year once and that was quite recent as well. 
  • Options
    Quality striker - right up there with the best that  the premier league has ever seen. 
    The Premier league has had many great strikers, Suarez, Rooney, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy, Kane, Owen, Fowler, van Persie........but for me i think considering the longevity, Aguero deserves to be up there in the top 3 with Shearer and Henry.
  • Options
    right up there with the best we've seen in the prem, and gave the league probably it's most iconic moment with that winner in the last minute against QPR - what a way to end a season.
  • Options
    His stats are unbelievable. If he hadn't been playing in the era of Messi/Ronaldo he be a lot more rated. Bit like Lewandowski I guess. Sad he's has to retire as he probably had a couple of seasons left in him, particularly in Spain. 
  • Options
    I remember a few years back my son asked me: 'if you could choose any player in The Premier League to play for Charlton, who would it be?'
    He was a bit taken aback when I answered Aguero. He is, like Vardy, a Roy of The Rovers figure.

Man City fans must love him. He's a true great.