Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Danny Ings has rejected a 4 year deal at Southampton. The offer would have made him the highest paid player in the clubs history.
    Now they have to decide if they should sell him this summer or let him go for free next year.
  • Options
    Danny Ings has rejected a 4 year deal at Southampton. The offer would have made him the highest paid player in the clubs history.
    Now they have to decide if they should sell him this summer or let him go for free next year.
    I imagine he wants another go at a big club.

you wonder though  whether he is one of those players better suited to being the big fish at a smaller club, rather than a squad player at a bigger club. 
  • Options
    Would be surprised if Spurs didn't have an eye on the Ings situation. 
  • Options
    Personally think Ings is a very good striker and a club like Leicester should be all over that. They'll need a replacement for Vardy soon and Ings could fill his boots. Also think Spurs could do a lot worse if/when Kane goes 
  • Options
    Personally think Ings is a very good striker and a club like Leicester should be all over that. They'll need a replacement for Vardy soon and Ings could fill his boots. Also think Spurs could do a lot worse if/when Kane goes 
    They just bought Daka from Salzburg to be Vardys's long term replacement. 61 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Ings would do quite well at Spurs. Spurs aren't going to be competing at the top end of the market but signings like Ings and Lingard could easily do a job for them and not be expensive.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Seems players going for £30m to £40m are deemed not expensive nowadays.
  • Options
    Yup £20-£30m is chicken feed. Plain stupid to think if you had £400m in your pocket you couldn't buy a team capable of anything beyond mid table in the premiership. TS is hopefully shrewd enough to try another way
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Yup £20-£30m is chicken feed. Plain stupid to think if you had £400m in your pocket you couldn't buy a team capable of anything beyond mid table in the premiership. TS is hopefully shrewd enough to try another way
    How much did Leicester and West ham spend to get top 6? Given the sales of Maguire, Mahrez and Chilwell, Leicester can't be far off a transfer profit in recent years.

Leeds came out of the championship and finished 9th, and with Bielsa they could improve if they invest well.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    How much did Leicester and West ham spend to get top 6? Given the sales of Maguire, Mahrez and Chilwell, Leicester can't be far off a transfer profit in recent years.

Leeds came out of the championship and finished 9th, and with Bielsa they could improve if they invest well.
    Leicester spent, and wasted, an absolute fortune to just get, then just, stay in the Premier league.

Yes for the last 5 or 6 years they have made a net profit on player trading but they spent, and lost, a hell of a lot on money to get in that position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal bloody love a loan to Doncaster
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Leicester spent, and wasted, an absolute fortune to just get, then just, stay in the Premier league.

Yes for the last 5 or 6 years they have made a net profit on player trading but they spent, and lost, a hell of a lot on money to get in that position. 
    Since King Power took over i'd always thought they were quite well run. They got out of the championship, then within 2 years were premier league champions.

I don't recall them wasting an absolute fortune.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Since King Power took over i'd always thought they were quite well run. They got out of the championship, then within 2 years were premier league champions.

They lost over 100 million in the first four years!

Then they cheated to get round FFP through a dodgy sponsorship scheme.  Exactly the same as Derby and Wednesday have done, it's just their gamble paid off so they got away with it. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can't say they don't have form

They must love that view behind the players
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can't say they don't have form

They must love that view behind the players
    Only Matt Smiths.

I prefer this view 😜

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Then they cheated to get round FFP through a dodgy sponsorship scheme.  Exactly the same as Derby and Wednesday have done, it's just their gamble paid off so they got away with it. 
    Ok so what are we saying their net spend is over the past 10 years then? 200-250M maybe?

I only used them as an example to the original point that "if you had £400m in your pocket you couldn't buy a team capable of anything beyond mid table in the premiership".

Leicester have won a league, a cup and have played in Europe. They're definitely the benchmark for what can be achieved if you have a good scouting system, spend well and also have a good manager.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Ok so what are we saying their net spend is over the past 10 years then? 200-250M maybe?

I only used them as an example to the original point that "if you had £400m in your pocket you couldn't buy a team capable of anything beyond mid table in the premiership".

Leicester have won a league, a cup and have played in Europe. They're definitely the benchmark for what can be achieved if you have a good scouting system, spend well and also have a good manager.
    Yeha they are now, I am not saying they aren't, but it cost a hell of a lot of money to get to that position.

I think if you put £400 million in to us now, you would be lucky to see a top half finish.  You would have more chance if you were prepared to spend that money over 20 years as opposed to 5 but you would still need a lot of luck. 
  • Options
    Reports that Alex Pritchard is joining Sunderland. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Reports that Alex Pritchard is joining Sunderland. 
    He will be going to QPR or Bristol City.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sunderland twitter in melt down that they are putting back together last seasons squad.  Golfmakam is not a happy bunny. 
    I was shocked to see that's he's actually 26, he looks like he's still in his teens!
  • Options
    They just bought Daka from Salzburg to be Vardys's long term replacement. 61 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Ings would do quite well at Spurs. Spurs aren't going to be competing at the top end of the market but signings like Ings and Lingard could easily do a job for them and not be expensive.
    Yeah I saw this, obviously there's always that chance he may not adjust though. Whereas Ings it's a safer bet. Reckon Spurs is where he will end up anyway if it is another prem side 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Junior Firpo joins Leeds.

Good signing for them after Alioski left to go to Turkey.

Barcelona in huge trouble financially.
  • Options
    Not sure if is the right thread but Bale is going to see out the last year of his contract at Madrid then retire. He still hopes to play in the next world cup for Wales, despite having been retired for 6 months.

He is only 31.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Good signing for them after Allioski left to go to Turkey.

I'm sure the signings of Aguero and Depay will ease their wage bill issues.

Obviously they're good players but when you're fucked financially and already have Messi, Griezmann, Dembele and Ansu Fati, as well as renowned defensive issues, did they really need to sign them both?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Good signing for them after Allioski left to go to Turkey.

I'm sure the signings of Aguero and Depay will ease their wage bill issues.

Obviously they're good players but when you're fucked financially and already have Messi, Griezmann, Dembele and Ansu Fati, as well as renowned defensive issues, did they really need to sign them both?
    They aren't allowed to sign Agureo or Depay, nor keep Messi.  As it stands. They are f*/£ed.  They are frantically trying to give players, they have have recently paid a lot of money for, away for free.

I read a full article on it yesterday, which I can't now find, but this is the gist.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Madness how they let it get so bad. No wonder they wanted to join the Super League. I read they're trying to offload Umtiti, Pjanic and Coutinho for free. Umtiti earns 230k a week!!

I know Messi is Barcelona, but when he's 34 and earns well over €1m a week, you have to ask yourself whether it's worth trying to offload half your squad just to afford him.

They could sign 5 free transfers (like Aguero and Depay) and pay them 250k a week for the same money. And if Messi does sign he'll be gone in 2 years anyway so all they're really doing is delaying their rebuild by 2 years.
  • Options
    He looks like one of the detectorists
  • Options
    Madness how they let it get so bad. No wonder they wanted to join the Super League. I read they're trying to offload Umtiti, Pjanic and Coutinho for free. Umtiti earns 230k a week!!

I know Messi is Barcelona, but when he's 34 and earns well over €1m a week, you have to ask yourself whether it's worth trying to offload half your squad just to afford him.

They could sign 5 free transfers (like Aguero and Depay) and pay them 250k a week for the same money. And if Messi does sign he'll be gone in 2 years anyway so all they're really doing is delaying their rebuild by 2 years.
    I think I read that Barca still make more money from Messi than they pay him