Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Media team will start a mysterious countdown in a minute...  ;)
  • Options
    I see he was their POTY so he cant be that bad? I love it when opposition fans all of a sudden see loads of deficiencies in players heading out the exit door. YOU voted him your best player last season!

I mean I don't think it's just opposition fans...
  • Options
    A Scottish international as well … 
    He wasn't capped but was in a squad.

The same as  Colin Walsh. 
  • Options
    Pompey contact tells me he is v good keeper but they couldn't afford to meet his wage demands. Same contact claims we offered Stockley £1.5K pw more than them plus a £200K signing on fee to get him.
    Pompey had an option for an extra year but it triggered a pay rise to, what I have seen described as championship money.  I believe it was Cowley's call not to enforce it as he felt he could use those wages better else where.  That could be wrong though.

It will be nice to have an obvious number 1 for 2 seasons in a row though. Has that happened since Hamer? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    A Scottish international as well … 
    He wasn't capped but was in a squad.

The same as  Colin Walsh. 
    As long as get three fir the international weekends 
  • Options
    I suspect picking up a decent number 2 should be easier then getting MacGillivray in, I'm not sure a Hamer/Button and Phillips/Amos situation is what you really need to spend the money on. 
  • Options
    Isn't the style nowadays to just keep a shortlist of goalies as number 2 to bring in on loan in the event of an emergency. I would be happy with that approach whilst using a youth goalie as substitute backup and AMB on loan. Sadly, that's probably what we should have done last season.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Assuming this goes through happy with this, don’t know much about him but clearly proven at this level and potentially better than Amos.

A good age for his position too and could grow with the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I think McGillivray is possibly slightly better than Amos and at the very least as good as Amos.

Last week he wasn't as good but he is certainly better than Amos now and a good endorsement by the Pompey fans to vote him POTY.  Pleased he has headed north and is now less than 500 miles from home. I'm sure Nigel will walk it with him as walking is brilliant. Apparently he has a one bedroom flat in the Gorbals area of Glasgow but said Chislehurst will do nicely.

Welcome Craig Mac I'm sure you won't be a calamity ! 
  • Options
    Look forward to watching his heroics.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I think McGillivray is possibly slightly better than Amos and at the very least as good as Amos.
    I’d have a bet their player of the season is better than Ben ‘gets beat from 30 yards out every week’ Amos 
    Team that finished 8th's player of the year is significantly better than team that finished 7th's runner up?

The grief our top 3 of the votes get its a surprise we didn't get relegated. 
  • Options
    Good shot stopper and poor distribution? Looking forward to a few shouts of “Deano” from the stands next season!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Look forward to watching his heroics him do nothing behind our rock-solid defence

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing - Presumably AMB is still going out on loan with MacGillivray as first choice, then a reserve keeper coming in, possibly as a loan?
  • Options
    Update the thread! Remove the question mark! Ring out the bells! 
  • Options
    Wow, didn't see that coming. Welcome!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d have a bet their player of the season is better than Ben ‘gets beat from 30 yards out every week’ Amos 
    Team that finished 8th's player of the year is significantly better than team that finished 7th's runner up?

The grief our top 3 of the votes get its a surprise we didn't get relegated. 
    How many goals did we concede last season?
  • Options
    Signing other teams player of the years, nothing not to like about this! On paper seems an upgrade on Amos
  • Options
    2 year deal, so in 18 months he can be running his contract down and talking to other clubs. Nothing ever changes.............  :D