Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• We’re going to buy Dobson from his new club, before he’s even kick a ball for them.
    You jest, but here is Peter Varney's take:

https://x.com/_PeterVarney/status/1758020108033593667?s=20
    Don't get that, if George bless him, decides to stay, why should it be the club who have to compensate the Hungarians, George signed the contract, surely George has to pay up...or am I missing something here...🤷‍♂️
    Yes, I think you are. 

I know some people don't rate him but the assumption that any player, let alone our club captain, would pay a financial penalty for the "privilege" of staying here is a tad heroic...

Now, if his agent paid Fehervar for all the shit he has caused everyone with this quite unnecessary pre-contract thing, that would be the best all round, but hell will freeze over before any agent loses a penny on any of their dealings. 
    Fehervar will hold his registration.
  • We’re going to buy Dobson from his new club, before he’s even kick a ball for them.

Don't get that, if George bless him, decides to stay, why should it be the club who have to compensate the Hungarians, George signed the contract, surely George has to pay up...or am I missing something here...🤷‍♂️
    Yes, I think you are. 

I know some people don't rate him but the assumption that any player, let alone our club captain, would pay a financial penalty for the "privilege" of staying here is a tad heroic...

Now, if his agent paid Fehervar for all the shit he has caused everyone with this quite unnecessary pre-contract thing, that would be the best all round, but hell will freeze over before any agent loses a penny on any of their dealings. 

Ok Prague, but just for clarity here, I am not one of the people you say "don't rate him"...

I feel he is a kingpin of the entire team, and will be missed should he leave, it was just that I got hold of the wrong end of the stick maybe regarding this whole sorry saga, and the sooner this is cleared up by the club, and we are all put straight the better for all concerned...
  • The club should be the one to pay because it is all the fault of a prominent club employee why this mess happened.
  • edited February 15
    What is this pre contract nonsense that Brentford are doing? Signing a Brazilian striker from Belgium but he doesn’t join the club until July? Must be the agent’s doing… :-)

https://x.com/brentfordfc/status/1757827313012502666?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
  • What is this pre contract nonsense that Brentford are doing? Signing a Brazilian striker from Belgium but he doesn’t join the club until July? Must be the agent’s doing… :-)

https://x.com/brentfordfc/status/1757827313012502666?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
    OK Callum. I accepted they are a thing a while back, even if I am pretty sure that there has never been one involving a Charlton player, in or outbound. But this one seems pretty straightforward. Given the sorry state of the Belgian League nowadays, with one of its big names seemingly permanently neutered by Roland, Bruges to Brentford would be a logical move, wouldn't it? For sure Brentford can afford to pay him more, but it's a bigger stage too. 

Whereas Dobbo...I make @Vjacheslav right, it looks like the original  pre-contract rumour was false. @Vjacheslav actually told us on Feb 9 "As I know, there is no signed pre contract with us."  and none of us stopped to ask him or ourselves why we thought there was. I've checked back, heaven help me, and Richard Cawley never wrote about a pre-contract. On Feb 23 he identified Fehervar and wrote they had made offers which had been turned down. Normal window activity.
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1749545248097796447?s=20

At least on this thread, the first external source I can see for the pre-contract comes the very next day but from a  source  people on here  do not regard as reliable. On this occasion they claimed an "exclusive".
    https://x.com/NedHolmes_/status/1750156513732169787?s=20

Who gave "Ned Holmes" this "exclusive"  to share with his 641 followers?  I'm pretty sure it didn't come from Hungary because the HU press seem to have only picked up the story about a week later, according to Gaby, who monitors these things
    https://x.com/DjGabyG/status/1754570926547492958?s=20

I cannot see why anyone inside the Charlton club would put it out there. Right now people would believe anything of Andy Scott but there is no rational reason for him to do that. He might have wanted Dobbo out, if so, the more bidders the better, whereas this just put the dampers on it.

That leaves Dobbo's agent as the only possible source I can think of who stands to gain by putting it out there a full week before the English window shut. 
  • What is this pre contract nonsense that Brentford are doing? Signing a Brazilian striker from Belgium but he doesn’t join the club until July? Must be the agent’s doing… :-)

OK Callum. I accepted they are a thing a while back, even if I am pretty sure that there has never been one involving a Charlton player, in or outbound. But this one seems pretty straightforward. Given the sorry state of the Belgian League nowadays, with one of its big names seemingly permanently neutered by Roland, Bruges to Brentford would be a logical move, wouldn't it? For sure Brentford can afford to pay him more, but it's a bigger stage too. 

Whereas Dobbo...I make @Vjacheslav right, it looks like the original  pre-contract rumour was false. @Vjacheslav actually told us on Feb 9 "As I know, there is no signed pre contract with us."  and none of us stopped to ask him or ourselves why we thought there was. I've checked back, heaven help me, and Richard Cawley never wrote about a pre-contract. On Feb 23 he identified Fehervar and wrote they had made offers which had been turned down. Normal window activity.

At least on this thread, the first external source I can see for the pre-contract comes the very next day but from a  source  people on here  do not regard as reliable. On this occasion they claimed an "exclusive".

Who gave "Ned Holmes" this "exclusive"  to share with his 641 followers?  I'm pretty sure it didn't come from Hungary because the HU press seem to have only picked up the story about a week later, according to Gaby, who monitors these things

I cannot see why anyone inside the Charlton club would put it out there. Right now people would believe anything of Andy Scott but there is no rational reason for him to do that. He might have wanted Dobbo out, if so, the more bidders the better, whereas this just put the dampers on it.

That leaves Dobbo's agent as the only possible source I can think of who stands to gain by putting it out there a full week before the English window shut. 
    My timeline from here:

The first piece of the puzzle was that a t15th of January.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/charlton-captain-dobson-has-overseas-club-keen-on-a-deal/

That time we sold Flores to Toronto, and we searching for new player. I also heard rummor about english player, and one guy found this rummor, and together with our rummor we thought that our team is hungarian team.
    That time I found this forum and start to read your disccusion about ferencvaros, or ujpest as a possible destination.

Later we could double checkt the rummor, and the hungarian press identify also Fehervar as posible new club for Dobbo at 22th of January.

https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/01/fehervar-az-arsenalban-nevelkedett-angol-jatekosrol-egyeztetnek-ns-info

2 days later as you also wrote the hungarian media also found the pre-contract news, but also we know this is not true.

As I heard that time, we sent 2 offers, the first one dropped, the second did not answered.

We saw Dobbo still played, and finally Aplleton sacked.
    And there was an "injury".
    Jones arrived and  Dobbo canceld his flyt to Hungary.

The third offer sent, and Dobbo found himself at the U23 training.

We heard during the game aginst MTK from the crowd, the offer accepted, and he travel to hungary, next day we saw that the deal collapsed, but we signed the pre contract with Dobbo that day.

And this now we are here. Jones put back Dobbo to that team, talking about to keep him, but the contract is still there. 
  • @PragueAddick another one of our players signed a pre-contract this window in CBT. In normal circumstances, you can't sign one with someone in the same nation so the reason it hasn't happened often with our players is because they aren't good enough to be scouted abroad and our scouting isn't good enough to find players from abroad. 

One more piece to the puzzle. As I know Dobbo is contact with the same agency that our manager too. So if we searching for CDM the agency know that who is available, than send it to us. The first news from Dobbo at Hungary said that Dobbo is on the wishlist of ou manager. 
  • fenaddick said:
    @PragueAddick another one of our players signed a pre-contract this window in CBT. In normal circumstances, you can't sign one with someone in the same nation so the reason it hasn't happened often with our players is because they aren't good enough to be scouted abroad and our scouting isn't good enough to find players from abroad. 
    I thought that was quite different, no? A pseudo- loan to help them evade FFP issues when all three parties wanted the deal done, and results in him leaving within the window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 15
    Is this thread gonna keep going till July, getting very repetitive now...😴😴

• @Vjacheslav

I’m not sure if you know that Nathan Jones used to manage Luton, in two spells, and took them up from League 2 to the Championship. So he’s referring to players who can play a lot higher if they work hard and improve themselves, because he has examples of that from the players he managed at Luton. By the way, its a funny coincidence, but are you also aware that Gaby, the Hungarian fan you talked with on Twitter re Dobbo, is also a Luton fan? He lives there most of the time I understand although he is often back in Budapest. He speaks very highly of Jones. 

It seems to be Jones style to be super-positive in public, sometimes it might seem a bit over the top but he has a group of players who clearly lack confidence in themselves and each other. The striker who came in on loan and scored his first goal last night said his time with us  so far had been “confusing” . Jones is trying to provide them with stability. He is also talking to us, the fans. And it seems to work. I was just watching on stream in Prague but in the second half the crowd really lifted the team which was pretty remarkable given all the shit we’d put up with. And after watching Jones post-match interview, even I felt better - and we had only drawn at home to bloody Lincoln.

He obviously rates Dobbo, and the only reason Dobbo was talking to you guys was that someone else in the club obviously  didn’t - someone who does not have to take responsibility for individual results, and has never been in that position elsewhere. He may face the consequences. But Jones has a job to do, to persuade Dobbo that if he stays he will be part of a big thing at Charlton. After all when he took over at Luton they had fallen farther than we ever have - and they have been in the FAPL, or at least the old Div 1. And he led them back upwards. 

I have no idea what’s in that pre-contract, and I can believe you might find out more about it than we do. If Dobbo does not come to you, you will have every right to be pissed off with our club. But Nathan Jones is innocent. He is doing his job, trying to repair the damage done by other clowns in our club who have allowed this to happen. The other person you can be pissed off with is Dobbo’s agent. Some people on here think I am over-critical of agents, but they make the most money when players move, and there is some discussion that agents can earn more when a player from England moves abroad. Nobody can understand why he signed this agreement several days before the English window closed. There are often last minute offers, but his agent had closed that possibility off. Why? My guess is that no English deal could match the amount his agent would make from sending Dobbo to you. There is no other logical reason. 

But let’s see how it all plays out from here. Of course if we get relegated, then Dobbo will be in Fehervar in July. None of us underestimate the danger of that, you can be sure.
    I agree about the agent stuff. The point is wrong He signed before the hungarian market closed, and after the transfer collapsed. This one is a big difference.

I saw the game, but the chanting of the crowed for my ear is little bit differnt. Our attendace at the stadiums highly lower, but there are a group of ultras which sometimes are louder, and organized than the bigger crowed. We are close to balkan, the chanting are different, there are drums, sometimes pyrotechnics, smoke and draperies, different passion. I think Gaby know that thing. Kispest also have a same group.

All sounds a bit Palace. I'm out!

Only joking @Vjacheslav am finding your posts really interesting 😀

No shit Peter, thanks for your valuable input lol
  • Is this thread gonna keep going till July, getting very repetitive now...😴😴

• edited February 15

This is getting very very repetitive repetitive now now...😴😴😴😴
  • fenaddick said:
    @PragueAddick another one of our players signed a pre-contract this window in CBT. In normal circumstances, you can't sign one with someone in the same nation so the reason it hasn't happened often with our players is because they aren't good enough to be scouted abroad and our scouting isn't good enough to find players from abroad. 
    I thought that was quite different, no? A pseudo- loan to help them evade FFP issues when all three parties wanted the deal done, and results in him leaving within the window. 
    The loan bit is until the summer, he’s then signed a pre-contract for after that 
  • Is anyone able to summarise what's gone on with this saga in the last week or so? I've not been able to keep up.
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    The loan bit is until the summer, he’s then signed a pre-contract for after that 
    Except you can’t sign a pre contract with a club in the same country as you 
  • YTS1978 said:
    @Vjacheslav

I’m not sure if you know that Nathan Jones used to manage Luton, in two spells, and took them up from League 2 to the Championship. So he’s referring to players who can play a lot higher if they work hard and improve themselves, because he has examples of that from the players he managed at Luton. By the way, its a funny coincidence, but are you also aware that Gaby, the Hungarian fan you talked with on Twitter re Dobbo, is also a Luton fan? He lives there most of the time I understand although he is often back in Budapest. He speaks very highly of Jones. 

It seems to be Jones style to be super-positive in public, sometimes it might seem a bit over the top but he has a group of players who clearly lack confidence in themselves and each other. The striker who came in on loan and scored his first goal last night said his time with us  so far had been “confusing” . Jones is trying to provide them with stability. He is also talking to us, the fans. And it seems to work. I was just watching on stream in Prague but in the second half the crowd really lifted the team which was pretty remarkable given all the shit we’d put up with. And after watching Jones post-match interview, even I felt better - and we had only drawn at home to bloody Lincoln.

He obviously rates Dobbo, and the only reason Dobbo was talking to you guys was that someone else in the club obviously  didn’t - someone who does not have to take responsibility for individual results, and has never been in that position elsewhere. He may face the consequences. But Jones has a job to do, to persuade Dobbo that if he stays he will be part of a big thing at Charlton. After all when he took over at Luton they had fallen farther than we ever have - and they have been in the FAPL, or at least the old Div 1. And he led them back upwards. 

I have no idea what’s in that pre-contract, and I can believe you might find out more about it than we do. If Dobbo does not come to you, you will have every right to be pissed off with our club. But Nathan Jones is innocent. He is doing his job, trying to repair the damage done by other clowns in our club who have allowed this to happen. The other person you can be pissed off with is Dobbo’s agent. Some people on here think I am over-critical of agents, but they make the most money when players move, and there is some discussion that agents can earn more when a player from England moves abroad. Nobody can understand why he signed this agreement several days before the English window closed. There are often last minute offers, but his agent had closed that possibility off. Why? My guess is that no English deal could match the amount his agent would make from sending Dobbo to you. There is no other logical reason. 

But let’s see how it all plays out from here. Of course if we get relegated, then Dobbo will be in Fehervar in July. None of us underestimate the danger of that, you can be sure.
    I agree about the agent stuff. The point is wrong He signed before the hungarian market closed, and after the transfer collapsed. This one is a big difference.

I saw the game, but the chanting of the crowed for my ear is little bit differnt. Our attendace at the stadiums highly lower, but there are a group of ultras which sometimes are louder, and organized than the bigger crowed. We are close to balkan, the chanting are different, there are drums, sometimes pyrotechnics, smoke and draperies, different passion. I think Gaby know that thing. Kispest also have a same group.

You noticed Fehervar's home team strip?😱😉
  • Sponsored links:

• YTS1978 said:
    @Vjacheslav

Urgh....I hadn't actually 😂🤣
  • edited February 16
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @Vjacheslav

I've got the same problem with my Czech team. No way am I displaying any of their gear on my person or property🙁
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @Vjacheslav

I've got the same problem with my Czech team. No way am I displaying any of their gear on my person or property🙁
    For me the red and blue is always ok.
  • YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @Vjacheslav

For me the red and blue is always ok.
    ..Give it time!...🙄
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Is anyone able to summarise what's gone on with this saga in the last week or so? I've not been able to keep up.
    First…
    Dobbo go.
    then…
    Dobbo no go.
    the level of detail is phenomenal thank you!
  • YTS1978 said:

My lord, it just keeps getting worse.
  • My cat is delighted he doesn’t have to change his name…..yet