Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell and England

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I know this interview with ‘The Coaches’ Voice’ is a couple of years old and pre-dates Chris’ England involvement, but If, like me, you missed it at the time, it’s a thoroughly enjoyable 13 minutes.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/charlton-the-valley-chris-powell/

What a guy
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I had the pleasure, along with others, of his company  at a supporters meet when he was our manager. He's an absolute legend in my eyes. So happy he's on this incredible journey with England right now. 
    But what was the REAL highlight of your evening, ozaddick ? 

:wink:
    You know what that was Fanny. ;) 
  • Options
    The England players appear to have an aura of calmness, confidence and almost serenity .. Powell always seemed to be calm and unflappable, perhaps his cool demeanour has rubbed off on the squad
  • Options
    Nice bit of experience for him but he has unfinished business down in south east London. I would take him back as manager in a heartbeat. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    I had the pleasure, along with others, of his company  at a supporters meet when he was our manager. He's an absolute legend in my eyes. So happy he's on this incredible journey with England right now. 
    But what was the REAL highlight of your evening, ozaddick ? 

:wink:
    You know what that was. Fanny. ;) 
    Fixed.
  • Options
    Don't know when and how, but I would love SCP to have a role within our club again at some point.

The man is a proper legend; love him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spending the weekend with my Dad, he's not a "real" football fan, but been to a couple of games including first match back home in '92 (Roger gave him the very last ticket at gone midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning as a Thank you for getting the carpets done in the portacabins).
    Mentioned that (Sir) Chris was assisting Gareth Southgate with the Euros, Dad thought for a minute and said He thought he knew that name, "Wasn't he that Charlton player who, was telling a story at the meeting (Lewisham Branch, Supporters Club) noticed Westie (my nephew, Dads grandson) was in the audience and stopped, apologising as there was strong language so he felt it wrong to continue." Joe was about 8/9 at the time.
    Thought it lovely that 1). Dad remembered this, and 2). Even as a player CP was a perfect gentleman.

*After the meeting we were sat by the doors at the front of The Golden Lion and as CP was leaving he said goodnight to us and pulled the door to open, it should have been pushed. Dad said something like hope you pass the ball better than you're passing that door, ho ho ho. Laughs all around. 
    Think CP was called up for England later that week......
    Ah ! Great memories, MOG ! Can't beat them ! 

Hope you're doing OK ? x
  • Options
    That's for sure. Ever and always. Indeed, a class act of the first order.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blame Southgate for that ! 
  • Options
    Blame Southgate for that ! 
    Why does someone have to be blamed?
  • Options
    Beautiful beautiful man.