Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain for the season

Don't think this has been started yet but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Who do we think will be the team captain next season? Jason Pearce is obviously club captain but will hopefully not have to start too many games with Famewo in. So who will lead the team on the pitch?

I have a feeling it will be Gilbey. He is someone that Adkins obviously rates and he hoped get the best out of him at the end of the season. I notice on social media he is quite active on the club posts especially when someone signs. Out of the current squad I can only really see it being him or Stockley. 

Comments

• Options
    Inniss, or if we don't sign another left back, maybe someone like Purrington? Not sure if he's Captain material but he seems well liked by the rest of the playing staff.

Once fit, JFC is a shoe-in for the role though if you ask me
  • Options
    Inniss for me, but reckon he will go with Gilbey. Would maybe have gone JFC if he wasn't missing half the season
  • Options
    I’d go for Gilbey 
  • Options
    Gunter probably.
  • Options
    Whoever is most experienced, outspoken, hungry to win and fit enough to last the season.
  • Options
    Last season we had loads of lieutenants but no one screams captain fantastic material.

Hopefully someone we haven't signed yet. 
  • Options
    Inniss is a tough one, given his injury record he may not play half the time.
  • Options
    Stockley, surely
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I am hoping it will be Kalvin Phillips, with Jack Grealish as vice captain. 
    Is grealish vice captain material? I would give it to rice if he can keep Watson it if the team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Purrington, no chance, Jesus I'm hoping he's back up
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I am hoping it will be Kalvin Phillips, with Jack Grealish as vice captain. 
    Is grealish vice captain material? I would give it to rice if he can keep Watson it if the team
    The only problem with giving the vice captaincy to Rice is that we may not need to bother with holding midfielders in most games.  If Grealish is rested, why not let Saka be vice captain? 
  • Options
    Innis if fit, if not a Stockley or Gilbey
  • Options
    No one really stands out for me. Would be JFC but he's not going to be back for a while 
  • Options
    whilst I'd like Innis to go on to be club captain I think for this season we should let him concentrate on staying fit. 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Stockley, surely
    I reckon it could be Stockley - he's already said he wants to be a big voice in the dressing room and keep the boys going. Think McGillivary (probably spelt that horrendously) could be an option too.
  • Options
    What about Big Mac the keeper,  will play every game unless injured. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Stockley, surely
    I reckon it could be Stockley - he's already said he wants to be a big voice in the dressing room and keep the boys going. Think McGillivary (probably spelt that horrendously) could be an option too.
    Those two would be my guesses out of the players so far, though I would also consider Dobson as a possible choice. As the link between defence and attack he'd be in a good position to show leadership potential.
  • Options
    my first guess would be McGillivray too from those currently at the Club.
  • Options
    Wasn't it said somewhere that Adkins likes having his keeper be captain or am I misremembering?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good driver would be somebody you know is going to start most games if fit. If Gunter is set to be number 1 in his position, I think it could be him. Gilbey is probably a sure starter so may get the nod.