Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Why didn't Phillips lift that over the defence?
  • Fucking wasted free kick. So fucking frustrating
  • Italy red all over this. Get in the refs ear 
  • One of the west performances of the tournament that second.half
  • Thats a red card
  • edited July 2021
    Grealish and Saka's free kicks to win this added time.
  • Have a word Gareth. 

Fresh legs and reset - let’s go England 
  • Scored too early. So disappointing to see that performance when you're 1 nil up at home in a Euro final. Cant really see England winning this unless we fluke it on pens. Hope Im wrong...
  • limeygent said:
    Thats a red card
    That was my thought, not just a shirt pull but by the neck. I'd argue serious foul play.
  • I’d bring on Grealish and Sancho
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we're into ET... His catchphrase was always about going home - Sooo ITS COMING HOME, just need to find a bloke with a glowing finge
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Scored too early. So disappointing to see that performance when you're 1 nil up at home in a Euro final. Cant really see England winning this unless we fluke it on pens. Hope Im wrong...
    Did we though? Might have conceded the winner had we not banked the early goal.
  • So if we beat Italy in extra time, are they still unbeaten in 34 games 
  • edited July 2021
    We seem to have forgotten ourselves. Not pressing Italy, not passing the ball, a lot of hopeless hoofs. Sitting so deep that when we do win it back, Kane is practically in an anchor man position, and there's nobody to release it to. Real mess of a half. 
  • WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

• Mancini out thought Gareth that half.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Grealish and Saka's free kicks to win this added time.
    And get one of there men sent off
  • Sat back, lost the initiative. Need to get back to how we played first half. Otherwise it's Croatia 2018 all over again.
    Yes... Even if we win on penalties, as per Huddersfield's law
  • 3-1 England in ET coming up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we're into ET... His catchphrase was always about going home - Sooo ITS COMING HOME, just need to find a bloke with a glowing finge
    I'm so confused.
    Only by the Mourinho method.
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Scored too early. So disappointing to see that performance when you're 1 nil up at home in a Euro final. Cant really see England winning this unless we fluke it on pens. Hope Im wrong...
    Did we though? Might have conceded the winner had we not banked the early goal.
    I don't think we would have spent 70% of the game defending if we hadn't scored early. 
  • Just seen Mason Mount…forgot he was there…come on Gareth sort the subs out pretty soonish please…🤞🏻
    I'm so confused.
    ET... Extra Terestrial
  • I think England look the freshest of the two sides. I hope we attack in extra time. Believe we can get the job done here. Match has been every bit as close as  it looked on paper. Either side could make a good argument for being worthy winners. Italy has a lot of the ball but it took a scrappy corner to force the breakthrough. Pickford has made a couple of saves but not like they’ve been constantly getting in behind us. We do need to start to put pressure on their back 3 though. 
  • Awful second half, but we are still in this. Come on England.
  • Foden right now would be lovely :(
  • Need to get a hold of the ball and play possession football - long balls to tryand catch them on a break are only surrending possession. The Italians are moving us back and forth and knackering us.