Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ken Craggs RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:
    RIP. I remember attending a supporters’ evening at The Valley Club where he and Alan Mullery were treading the boards and he (Ken Craggs) seemed a very nice guy.
    Thinking of his family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Got to know Ken quite well in the early 80s. A lovely man during a difficult time at the club. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad to hear of his passing.RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad.
    May he RIP ❤️
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

A bit like Clough and Taylor, Mullery and Craggs never were as successful as they were together. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Seem to remember his last game in charge was a 1-5 home defeat to Rotherham. 
  • Options
    RIP. Seem to remember his last game in charge was a 1-5 home defeat to Rotherham. 
    I'm pretty sure you're right. Tony Towner ran us ragged and I seem to recall that Ronnie Moore scored a hat-trick. Neither player was able to repeat that sort of form when they came to us subsequently.
  • Options
    Yes, I was going to mention it but thought better of it.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP

• Options
    Why ? Have my comments offended you ?
  • Options
    No, not me I don't get easily offended.
    I just thought I wouldn't bring up one of Charlton's worse performances I can recall as it is an RIP thread.
    NB I hope you're doing ok after your recent problems?
  • Options
    No, not me I don't get easily offended.
    I just thought I wouldn't bring up one of Charlton's worse performances I can recall as it is an RIP thread.
    NB I hope you're doing ok after your recent problems?
    Tbh, I wasn’t 100% sure that I was correct in it being his last game in charge.
    But that game was memorable for more than just the defeat. We went 1 up from an offside long shot from Killer, who was subbed after being marked out of the game by Emlyn Hughes. Then Towner and Moore ran riot. Simonsen was meant to have played but didn’t, which was another story. I suppose not long afterwards, Lennie was given the managers job, the start of another era.
    Apart from being Mullery’s assistant, I don’t remember much about Ken Craggs spell in charge. Looking back I suppose a comparison can be made with Les Reed. Nice guy but not a manager. 

As for me, I’m getting there thanks. Tomorrow is my second attempt at getting my second jab at long last ! 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    RIP
  • Options
    Taken at Open Day about 1983ish Pity his eyes are closed days befor digital. R I P.
  • Options