Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Experience of attending games again

Welling & Dartford (or any other game you’ve been in last couple of weeks...

How you found going to games again! Being in crowds, measures in place, getting something to eat / drink, using the facilities etc 

Comments

• Options
    Welling & Dartford (or any other game you’ve been in last couple of weeks...

How you found going to games again! Being in crowds, measures in place, getting something to eat / drink, using the facilities etc 
    Apart from a restaurant last week ... which was fine ... haven’t done much yet.  

However, in London next weekend for hotel, theatre and restaurants - first time since February last year.  

Have been informed they will all be socially distanced, so we will see.  
  • Options
    I’ve got tickets to a Small Faces tribute band at the Beaverwood this Thursday. Had an email off them during the week to say that mask wearing and social distancing isn’t compulsory. They’re also not asking for evidence of LF test or vaccination. Think I’ll give it a miss
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Went to the Dartford game today, first footie match for 17 months, absolutely loved it , it was good to be back!

Came away from the game with a headache and sore throat, but that could well be down to the hot weather and not having  drunk enough.

Either that or my phones going to get ‘pinged’ tonight!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Went to Welling and 10 mins into the second half found myself.wishing I had bought the stream.

I haven't bought a season ticket and have zero motivation to get one. Nothing to do with who we have/haven't signed or some weird rebellion against Sandergaard as he said we would smash the league, I just can't be arsed to go to the ground. I am happy enough watching the games online.

Had started falling out of love with the whole matchday experience well before lockdown and I guess nigh on 2 years of not going and not really missing it has reinforced the "stay at home" feeling.

It's not a Covid thing either. Have been to the theatre and cinema serveral times in recent weeks and haven't been concerned about being there or travelling on trains etc.

Am seriously considering Nord VPN and year of Charlton TV
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone gonna answer the actual question ! 
    Oh yeah, bought a bottle of water, used the facilities, went in the club shop ( only 2 in at a time) no problem with any of it.
  • Options
    Dartford was fine today. Was my first game for my son as well.

Everything felt pretty normal and I wasn’t nervous at all. One way system around the ground which is annoying for toilets/drinks with a kid but other than that all good.

Not many masks for people heading into the bar for beers it must be said.
  • Options
    I went to the 3 knockout games at Wembley. As discussed on other threads… they were completely normal pretty much. Forgot covid even existed. 

Went to the MK Dons game, which was awful in more ways than one.

really looking forward to the Wednesday game, hopefully an old school sunny day good away turnout and a proper football match which I badly want us to win, obviously! Quite pleased about the 5.30 KO as well.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone gonna answer the actual question ! 
    About quarter past two mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And as you mentioned using the ‘facilities’ - at half time of the final every single sink was being pissed in as well as most corners of the room straight onto the floor! So completely normal - if you’re a season ticket holder at the Den.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Dartford was fine today. Was my first game for my son as well.

Everything felt pretty normal and I wasn’t nervous at all. One way system around the ground which is annoying for toilets/drinks with a kid but other than that all good.

Not many masks for people heading into the bar for beers it must be said.
    In general, clubs need to decide on a protocol for mask wearing. I wore my mask when going to the toilet and in the bar, where I walked out again as I couldn’t be bothered to queue up, but not elsewhere.

other than the one way system, it felt pretty normal inside, with no forced social distancing like The Valley had last December when it held those 2 games
  • Options
    Went to the semis at Wembley, it felt really weird to be around that many people.

Have also been to Welling & Dartford, both of those felt good - zero social distancing at Welling, slightly better yesterday as Dartford implemented an odd yet reassuring one way system which meant to get to the bar you had to walk three quarters of the way round the stadium from where you enter!
  • Options
    1% ooh aah is a Paul Mortimer fan
    99% miserable old git was already taken when ooh aah chose his username