Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Days - 2021/22 - Restrictions?

My assumption based on the 'restriction lifting' taking place this week is that it opens the door for cross-country away journeys for fans to take place again. 

I'm keen to sort out arrangements for the Oxford away game (train, hotel etc), as well as some of the longer-haul trips that require a bit more planning. 

Has there been any word of club, authorities going back on this at all at any point based on the current advice? 

Comments

• Options
    I thought both the Premier League and EFL had confirmed stadiums would be back to normal. Would be good to get some confirmation at club level
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Can’t see it being just a free for all anytime soon imagine if will be lateral flow tests or double jabbed proof 

although I know 3 people that are double jabbed and are positive currently……
  • Options
    Whilst the Government have announced stadiums can be full to capacity, it seems individual clubs are very quiet on this subject.
  • Options
    You would have thought the government will have been closely watching what happened at Euro2020, particularly at Wembley with fans travelling to the games and then mixing inside the stadium then travelling home again. The outcomes from that should tell us whether back to normal as far as going to games or not is likely to happen. Boris will probably let us know the night before. The home game against Wednesday isn’t an issue travel wise for me and I’ll try and buy a match ticket for Oxford and buy my tail ticket on the day 
  • Options
    Oxford and MK are short hops for me and games I'm looking forward to, but I'll be amazed if numbers aren't limited, I travel further for home on trains, cautiously. 
  • Options
    I guess we’ll know one way or another when the Oxford tickets go on sale - but that should be very soon considering it’s less than a month to go.
  • Options
    And as the massives would bring 3000 how many tickets are we giving them
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I guess we’ll know one way or another when the Oxford tickets go on sale - but that should be very soon considering it’s less than a month to go.
    Can't help thinking clubs will leave it as late as possible.
    The way things are shaping up, it wouldn't surprise me if in 3 weeks time we are back to consideration being given to restricted numbers or such. IMHO.
    Whatever, I'm pretty sure this season isn't going to be plain sailing and "normal"
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The main restrictions on our away trips will be the team doing minimal defending on the pitch, and NA being required to substitute any player who is causing an attacking threat to the opposition before they cause a Charlton goal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McCartney said:
    Nothing shown on their site.
  • Options
    We're fortunate in that our first few away games are all relatively local - Oxford, MK, Gillingham, Wycombe - are all relatively local, so not really needing advance train ticket or accommodation

The first long distance away game is Fleetwood on the 2nd October, hopefully the situation will become clearer well before then
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Leyton orient(efl trophy), gillingham, wimbledon and maybe ipswich some doable away days off the train in london. I hope there are no restrictions
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    Tbf, there's nothing on ours either for walk ups. With less than 3 weeks to go, surely there will be something shared by the end of the week.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    my awayday restrictions will be mostly dictated by distance (to the location), time and money .. as to covid, today is the first day of a huge human guinea pig trial .. will the hospitals get filled to overflowing or will a lot of us catch a dose of covid, feel poorly for a few days and then recover ? .. the implications of long covid are still not clear .. thing is,  we can't stay locked up and confined for ever
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    McCartney said:
    Tbf, there's nothing on ours either for walk ups. With less than 3 weeks to go, surely there will be something shared by the end of the week.
    Well that didn't take long !
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    From Guardian online (can’t paste the link for some reason):

“ Amid vehement objections from Tory backbenchers, the government had previously backed away from the compulsory use of coronavirus certificates – which involve customers using the NHS app to show their vaccination status.

Instead, ministers had urged venues such as clubs and sports stadiums to introduce them as a matter of “social responsibility”.

But after footage emerged of packed clubs on Monday, after the government allowed them to reopen as part of so-called “freedom day”, Johnson said he expected to make the system mandatory from the autumn.”

The way things are going - chaotically - I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the “end of September” date is brought forward. I’m also a little worried about restrictions on away fans