Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Clare - July 2024 signed for Leyton Orient (p33)

Comments

• Whats on the side of his face? - Is that a bruise or a birth mark of some kind?
    Birthmark I believe. 
  • Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.
    There is always ONE negative Nancy......😄
    You tell him, Golfie! :smiley:

• presumably signed as a midfielder as right back is one position where we are pretty well covered
  • Good to have another signing and a fee paid which goes against what some have been saying

I'd never heard of him until this morning but proven at this level, young and has pissed off Tarbuck so all good.

One down, eight to go (but not today)
    You reckon we still need 8?
  • I’ll wait until I can get an assessment from some of those with better knowledge of other teams players but he sounds decent.
  • Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.

Is a bit odd to be fair especially given there was some sort of fee involved. Would have thought an option of a third year would be sensible.
  • We'll stomp that nonsense out of him straight away
    Charltonisation is a thing of the past (fingers, arms. legs, toes all crossed) .. the new positive buzzword is Adkinsised
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.

Is a bit odd to be fair especially given there was some sort of fee involved. Would have thought an option of a third year would be sensible.
    Perhaps there is.

• Floebot said:
    Looks like he's got a decent strike on him

Watching that though I can't see why Robinson wanted him to play RB
  • nerveless penalty v Hibs for Hearts  .. the equivalent of scoring one for us v Millwall

• Looks like my kind of player. Hopefully we can get the best out of him
  • Floebot said:
    Looks like he's got a decent strike on him

Watching that though I can't see why Robinson wanted him to play RB
    I think I know the answer - above in bold 
  • Similar to Lyle Taylor? Oh no I can’t believe I just said that but he seems to have the same confidence.
  • Welcome aboard Sean…👍
    Leave it out, a big improvement on past signings.  It's been a mass of loans with some less than a season long contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks mobile and athletic. Can also score.
    Welcome Sean.

• wonder if his reputed indiscipline is reflected in the number of clubs he's already played for ?
  • Looks a good signing, excited by this one.
  • Normally I have to be out for the day for transfers to happen, but I triggered this by being offline for 30 minutes as I was doing some upgrades to my PC
  • Valley11 said:
    Looks mobile and athletic. Can also score.
    Welcome Sean.

And now Charlton Athletic 
  • Happy with this, seems the sort of young player we should be after
  • edited July 2021
    Floebot said:
    Goals from midfield... now I'm excited. Some good finishes in that compilation.

Dobson/Watson, Clare and Gilbey/Morgan are a good three to have in the middle. They should all compliment each other well.
  • Good video compilation but just wtf and I mean just wtf did Robinson see in him to think I know I’ll stick him at right back. 
  • Seems he was a midfielder but Robinson bought him to play right back. From this interview it sounds like he wasn’t that comfortable with it:
    ‘In my heart of hearts I’m a midfielder....’

https://youtu.be/hA2EHouqpfU