Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this Dickson loan thing

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Can't fathom it personally.

http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=74004

Comments

• Options
    makes sense what Pards says to me.
  • Options
    Makes sense, the boy has ZERO experience of League football. Like any rough diamond needs shaping. Bit unfair to chuck him straight into the Championship.
  • Options
    In Al we trust
  • Options
    Our Official Site and programme have written up our youngsters as the next Ronaldhino for as long as I can remember! More often than not they end up at Gravesend and Northfleet or equivalent.

Early indications suggest that this guy might be a little bit special even allowing for the usual hype. It therefore makes sense to me to loan him out in the first instance in order to determine whether or not he can hack it in a division one below us.

Having said that I'd only let him go for 3 months maximum as we may need the fresh qualities he can bring by then.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    he scores goals for feck sake, positional sense my armpit.... we aren't in the Prem anymore.

:)
  • Options
    mind you if we are signing yet another striker I guess it makes more sense.

:P
  • Options
    Absolutely the right move. Gives him some valuable League experience and let's us see what he can do one step down from the Championship.

Hopefully he comes back to us a more aware and complete player.
  • Options
    Loaning Scotty Parker to Norwich worked out for us afterwards!
  • Options
    i can't see Dickson being a start from the beginning of the season, so do a one month loan, if he starts doing great then its only for a month, if he needs longer it can be extended.
  • Options
    Provided he got a regular start then it'd make sense.

The worst thing would be for him to go and sit on the bench and play only the last 20-30 minutes, if at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any experience, even 20 mins from the bench will toughen him up.
  • Options
    Also it might give him some confidence if he is going to turn out to be useful - look at what "judas" did at Bournemouth - have to say it helped him out
  • Options
    Put him in he is raw, a goalscoring natural, will surprise a few defenders this season.