Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v West Ham 2001 on Sky at the moment

Many familiar faces

Comments

• Options
    I hadn't actually forgotten that we used to be pretty good 
  • Options
    Scott Minto playing for them and looking older than he does now. 
  • Options
    Parker, Kinsella and Jensen playing together for Charlton ... what price?  Great last minute equaliser from JJ.

The other thing I was reminded of was how good a footballer Christian Dailly was.  Signed for us at age 35 (in 2009) and became player of the year.
  • Options
    What a match. The pace was amazing. Forgot just how good we were. The Valley really was rocking and trust Defoe to play the villain perfectly.
    Great times.
  • Options
    If this was the 4-4, I believe it was the first game with the upper covered end open if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    If this was the 4-4, I believe it was the first game with the upper covered end open if I remember correctly.
    It was originally partially opened for the game against Liverpool, lost 2-0
  • Options
    I watched the whole game again, our midfield Kinsella/Jensen/Parker - what we'd give for that now
  • Options
    It's painful to think about it.
  • Options
    Sounds like a very worthy game to see again.

I remember we loaned in Dave kitson the season before and got a double for West ham in this game.

The JJ overhead kick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Football was something else back in those days. 
    Charlton, our club, showed how unique and special it is and was.

Obsessed with Charlton. Lived and breathed the game.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I remember we loaned in Dave kitson the season before and got a double for West ham in this game.

The JJ overhead kick!
    Paul Kitson wasn’t it?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The JJ overhead kick!
    Paul Kitson wasn’t it?

Well I was kind of close.

Couldn't quite remember his 1st name....so just assumed he was probably a Dave 
  • Options
    Paul Kitson scoring a couple for West Ham didn't bother me at all that night, he was still well in credit for sinking Palace at Selhurst the season before on loan.