Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Every picture tells a story - 1970s pitch invasion

2»

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If a particulatly fine cut is required on the snooker tables up our club but its do-able its known as a 'Graham Webb' - if its impossible then its a 'Frankie' - as in frankie frazer couldn't cut that.  The choice of inflatable does seem a bit strange - i like it but how super mario / frank sidebottom ties up with a hairdressers, i'm not sure  
    Is the 'Jeremy Thorpe' shot still common parlance among the snooker fraternity?
    not that i'm aware of but we've got some nonsense for most things that happen on the table - i'm guessing this involves the brown somehow ? 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Graham's Web...
    Grahams Webb...

Pretty sure it was plain old Graham Webb. Next door to Mackley's....
    Nothing like a bit of consistency in branding (marketers and proof readers on here, are your teeth itching?)

Graham's Web
    Graham Web (Hair Ltd)
    Graham Webb
    Graham Webs (Hair) Ltd

all of the above mentioned in one article about the same entity...
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If a particulatly fine cut is required on the snooker tables up our club but its do-able its known as a 'Graham Webb' - if its impossible then its a 'Frankie' - as in frankie frazer couldn't cut that.  The choice of inflatable does seem a bit strange - i like it but how super mario / frank sidebottom ties up with a hairdressers, i'm not sure  
    Is that the snooker shot where the player accidentally hits the dog when aiming at a former lover?
  • Options
    I though it was a 'Jeremy Thorpe' when you didn't know whether to go for the pink or the brown.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Is that in off the Brown?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I though it was a 'Jeremy Thorpe' when you didn't know whether to go for the pink or the brown.
    'the baker street manouevre'  - where you change from the pink to the brown 
  • Options
    What about the Shirley Bassey
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Tried to get pictures of that from Tom Morris for years. He couldn’t remember it and reckoned he’d gone for refreshments.
  • Options

Tried to get pictures of that from Tom Morris for years. He couldn’t remember it and reckoned he’d gone for refreshments.
    feel free to use them in the Voice Rick
  • Options
    My ex worked for Graham Webb in the Lee Green shop. An I met him a few times when I picked her up after work, on the odd late Friday evening. Would wait in the staff room and chat with Graham who was a big Charlton fan. An believe it or not also met Glen Tilbrook, who was dating one of the stylists from the shop.  Oh…. That’s a long time ago…… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An… best pitch invasions were at Plymouth. Appeared to be a regular thing, and whole ground would wait and cheer. Some young fella ducking and diving around the pitch being chased bu some older fat fellas.