Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf or Ketman?

Anyone watching the Open from Carnoustie, or the test v India?

Comments

• Options
    Ketman is my preference but I take an interest in the golf too. Has Monty played yet? The golf one not the ketmAN ONE!
  • Options
    neither for me tho i enjoyed a day out at lords once, didnt watch any cricket.
  • Options
    Beers instead, was it, Curb_It?!

Len - not sure what's happened to Monty, don't think he's done much. McGinlay is leading on -4.
  • Options
    golf is without a doubt THE most boring sport of all.

LOCKED ON FACT
  • Options
    not watching either at the mo, would normally watch the sunday night open action when it gets interesting. but probably won't this year.

i went to the open 5 years ago. was in edinburgh for a week when it was at muirfield. dad was 50 (he's 55 today) loved it up there. we had 2 tickets to the practice days and all the other days and on my dads actual birthday the 4 of us all went together and sat on the 13th green and watched every single player come through. much better than watching on the telly where they jump all over the place and you don't get to watch properly.

i've only got into cricket since i met les, and do enjoy it. not much better than lazing in front of the telly on a sunday afternoon watching cricket.

went to the 20/20 the other week and must say i didn't watch much cricket then either. chatted to mates and watched people build cup mountains.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    went to the 20/20 the other week and must say i didn't watch much cricket then either. chatted to mates and watched people build cup mountains.

I think you have summed up the sport perfectly for me Suzi....zzzzzzzzzzz

Golf well that's an even worse spectator sport than F1. Golf is meant to be played not watched.
  • Options
    my new years resolutions were to play a round of golf (never done it before) and get back playing Ketman.

I've done neither - must pull my finger out
  • Options
    Golf = watching paint dry.
  • Options
    The problem i have with golf on the TV is that you can never see where the ball is... I totally agree with Ketman, great to play, dull to watch.

Cricket on TV has improved massively, it's arguably better to watch on TV as you can see where the ball is much clearer than when you're there. That said there is not many better days out than a day at the cricket and the sun is shining...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]went to the 20/20 the other week and must say i didn't watch much cricket then either. chatted to mates and watched people build cup mountains.[/quote]

May be different on 20/20 finals day. Going to try for tickets, will be a good day out :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can't beat a beer snake at the cricket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvzQhTG2HEU
  • Options
    Ketman all the way. Really hard game to master and involves masses of mental and physical stamina at a decent level. I love footy for its immediacy, but I love cricket (tests especially) for its prolonged test of skill and teamwork, bundled in with many moments of individual contests. It gets dismissed as boring - but like most things you probably have to give it a reasonable level of understanding (try playing and see how unforgiving it is!) to appreciate it. Golf never grabbed me, but perhaps that is because I have never really played it.
  • Options
    I played cricket for my Secondary school Team so was un-offically one of the best 15 players in the school. Far better to play than watch in my opinion, same goes for all sport though.

BTW have not played once since I left school though.
  • Options
    play both (when fit), watch all cricket ketman, (prefer test matches) but i have to have a bet to watch golf. apart from when we stuff the yanks in the ryder cup.