Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks and the Statbank returns on Saturday

Throughout the season I shall put up a thread for Players Marks for all first team games. The thread will contain a list of all players who participated in the game. Those who completed less than 30 minutes on the filed will have "n/a" by their name and are not marked, the rest should be marked between 0.5 and 10 in 0.5 increments.

It will be a great help to me if you can keep to the players list in the order that I display it. If you wish also include  remarks on a player's game.

I try and put the thread up soon after the match, but occasionally it might be late, I also include when the thread will close and this depends when the next game is due as if a Tuesday I'll close on Sunday if it is the following Saturday then I'll give you until Monday.

After I have entered all the marks the man of the match is the player with the highest average and I then publish the Statbank with all the details. This starts as a couple of pages but as the season progresses I include more stats.

Each person awards marks in their own way and I do ask you all not to comment on other Lifer's marks, we all see the game differently and the marks are a personal observation and should not be criticised.

All are welcome to mark whether having been at the game or watch it on a screen.

Let's hope for a good season and lots of marks over 7 and none below 5

Comments

• Average marks will be a lot higher this season if Ronnie Moore stays on the forum.
  • I'll be good as gold I promise!

Until one of our loan signings becomes the season scapegoat, then I can't promise anything
  • edited August 2021
    Leuth said:
    I'll be good as gold I promise!

Until one of our loan signings becomes the season scapegoat, then I can't promise anything
    I’ll give 5 it games and that’s being generous 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

Whichever child left-back we sign will try ever so hard and get ever so many pelters and be described as ever so inferior to Ben Purrington and my little heart won't take it 
  • Thanks LL, it's a really good database both about how we rate players, and how well the team is performing

Yes some of the marks are a bit bizarre, but the sample is big enough to cope with that
  • Between 0.5 and 10? Surely marks of 0 should be allowed in case Watson gets on the pitch for more than 30mins?
  • edited August 2021
    Jac_52 said:
    Between 0.5 and 10? Surely marks of 0 should be allowed in case Watson gets on the pitch for more than 30mins?
     No! You get 0.25 for putting your shirt on the right way round and another 0.25 for putting your boots on the correct feet 😉. It’s a bit like getting a mark in an exam for putting your name at the top of the paper.
  • you do a fantastic job Lord Super Stato  :)
  • Thanks for doing this LL - great work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

Whichever child left-back we sign will try ever so hard and get ever so many pelters and be described as ever so inferior to Ben Purrington and my little heart won't take it 
    Maybe that’s the thinking behind signing Roddy
  • Just for consistency can you confirm that the deadline for player marks always be timed to one of your meals @lancashire lad ?
  • se9addick said:
    Just for consistency can you confirm that the deadline for player marks always be timed to one of your meals @lancashire lad ?
    Of course 😃