Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

21/22 Full Season Predicted

edited August 2021 in Rumours
Yep - He's gone and done it again... 

Last season we finished miles out after being within a few points the previous few seasons. 

Historical efforts (shared on CL):
In 17/18 
I predicted 73 points and we finished on 71. 

In 18/19 
I predicted 70 points and we finished a huge 18 ahead of that! I did say in that thread that a couple of decent loans coming in could change things... Then Bielik and Cullen arrived. 

In 19/20 
I predicted 55 points we finished on 48. I prefaced that prediction with the statement that I thought without properly replacing Cullen & Bielik we would struggle to break 46 points. We replaced one well and were unfortunate with the latter replacement's (Sam Field) injury. This coupled with the covid issues probably cost us a few points.

In 20/21
I predicted 88 points and we finished on 74, we had the embargo, more covid issues and then a wantaway manager, but Adkins finished strong. 

Let's hope we're back on track this season:

85 Points
In the last 5 FULL seasons that would have got (in reverse order)
3rd 20/21,
5th 18/19,
4th 17/18, 
3rd 16/17
2nd 15/16

Comments

• What is this?
  • iainment said:
    What is this?
    For the past four or five seasons I have done a full prediction of the season before we've kicked a ball.

In the last couple of years I thought it'd be interesting to share, this led to last season @johnnybev1987 and I put in a challenge of furthest from the actual end of season total gave £20 to the upbeats. 

• Can't see us losing 5 games at home this season with fans back in the ground.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    What is this?
    For the past four or five seasons I have done a full prediction of the season before we've kicked a ball.

In the last couple of years I thought it'd be interesting to share, this led to last season @johnnybev1987 and I put in a challenge of furthest from the actual end of season total gave £20 to the upbeats. 

You’re not very confident of a new fortress Valley are you?
  • iainment said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    What is this?

You’re not very confident of a new fortress Valley are you?
    I mean... I have followed the Addicks for 28 years or so now and if I have learned anything it is to never rely on Charlton for any prediction, win, lose or draw! :lol:
  • edited August 2021
    Can't see us losing 5 games at home this season with fans back in the ground.
    Can't see us winning 3 of our first 5 games, especially with 2 away from home against sides who are going to be in the mix come May. 

I'm predicting a sluggish start due to having a poor transfer policy over the past 3 months. 
  • We'd expect nothing less. Golfie
  • 4 x blocks of three wins on the bounce............no chance.
  • Can't see us losing 5 games at home this season with fans back in the ground.
    Not in the cauldron of noise that is the valley.
  • He got the first one right.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 x blocks of three wins on the bounce............no chance.
    Yeah probably true, we will see though. 

Either way so long as the points tally is close, I'm not too concerned! 😉
  • Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    What is this?

Sorry ill be up for this, ill do tomorrow/ or by the weekends game mate. Hopefully start a bit more even this time and ermm... still lose :P 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    What is this?

Sorry ill be up for this, ill do tomorrow/ or by the weekends game mate. Hopefully start a bit more even this time and ermm... still lose :P 
    I'll share the link to the spreadsheet with you and you can update there

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    What is this?

I'll share the link to the spreadsheet with you and you can update there

Cheers mate, didn't check CL yesterday. Perfect, i'll get it done today/tomorrow :)
  • edited August 2021
    apologise for adding a row and not being able to delete it or undo :smile: 

I feel a bit optimistic based on the total alone but tried to be as non bias as possible, i find it hard to predict losses and default to 1, did you find that? i note this wasn't helpful so i have just shared back on the open doc. 
  • Yes I have the same issue predicting losses. I'd prefer your results to be honest!

• Dazzler21 said:
    Yes I have the same issue predicting losses. I'd prefer your results to be honest!

Not alot in it mate tbf, i had to throw a couple 0's just for the sake of it as i know we wont be unbeaten just feels harder to predict other than the supposed other big teams. A long way to go, good luck sir! Happy to do £20 with you personally or to upbeats let me know 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes I have the same issue predicting losses. I'd prefer your results to be honest!
    Not alot in it mate tbf, i had to throw a couple 0's just for the sake of it as i know we wont be unbeaten just feels harder to predict other than the supposed other big teams. A long way to go, good luck sir! Happy to do £20 with you personally or to upbeats let me know 
    Let's keep it to the upbeats. A deserving cause. 
  • edited August 2021
    Mark Langdon (Really good tipster and football writer) has backed us to win the league.
  • Mark Langdon (Really good tipster and football writer) has backed us to win the league.
    Hope he is right I had a few quid on us a few weeks back. And top 6 which I honestly think we will do comfortably. Not so sure about winning outright though
  • Sponsored links:

• Mark Langdon (Really good tipster and football writer) has backed us to win the league.
    I think Langdon is great, he's convinced me to have a few quid on them
  • edited October 2021
    Langdon's done well here. 

I think Johnny and I are equally far off.