Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wycombe away 18th September 2021

This match is one of the easiest for travel and the booking of tickets.
Advanced purchase is NOT necessary, there are five trains an hour to High Wycombe from Marylebone with an adult price of £15.50 return.  The fare becomes £10.15 with a railcard discount.
From the station you need to take a bus/taxi, it is about 3 miles from the station.

Comments

• By train: High Wycombe is served by the Chiltern Railways line, connecting Birmingham to London Marylebone. The station is approximately 2.5 miles from the stadium, and you can either walk, head to the bus station and collect the 32 bus to the Hourglass pub and walk the rest, or travel via taxi.

By bus: You can travel to the game by bus via the number 32 bus which connects High Wycombe bus station to the Hourglass pub, and walk the rest.
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/fans/away-fans-guide/
  • se9addick said:
    Hope I don’t lose my glasses this time!
    Is the strippers pub still open then? 
  • se9addick said:

Drink related?
  • shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Did they use his glasses as part of the performance?
  • From that link

Cashless stadium
    Adams Park is an entirely cashless stadium, so please bring a cashless payment mechanism (credit/debit card, smartphone app or pre-paid card all accepted).
  • shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:
    Yes but maybe not for much longer

The White Horse in West Wycombe Road has been running for 150 years, and has had striptease dancers for the last 35 years - which has made the pub a popular destination.
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/19097185.white-horse-high-wycombe-strip-club-demolished-turned-block-flats/
  • clive said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

The White Horse in West Wycombe Road has been running for 150 years, and has had striptease dancers for the last 35 years - which has made the pub a popular destination.
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/19097185.white-horse-high-wycombe-strip-club-demolished-turned-block-flats/

Hmmmm, I'm having second thoughts on going to this game now.
  • edited August 2021
    clive said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Hmmmm, I'm having second thoughts on going to this game now.
    You can still go, you just don’t need to in that pub. You could watch magic Mike XXL on your phone while you wait outside for everyone.
  • This match is one of the easiest for travel and the booking of tickets.
    Advanced purchase is NOT necessary, there are five trains an hour to High Wycombe from Marylebone with an adult price of £15.50 return.  The fare becomes £10.15 with a railcard discount.
    From the station you need to take a bus/taxi, it is about 3 miles from the station.
    It will not be the easiest of trips due to engineering works, buses replace trains between Amersham & High Wycombe.
    Trains depart Marylebone at 27 past the hour & arrive at Amersham at 2 minutes past the hour, for a 20 minute bus journey to High Wycombe scheduled arrival time at 30 minutes past the hour.
    Return buses depart at 40 minutes past the hour & arrive at Amersham for a 11 minute past the hour train to Marylebone arriving at 49 minutes past the hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    I hate it when a very easy journey becomes hassle.
    It'll be fun on those buses, I hope there are extra to meet the demand.
  • I hate it when a very easy journey becomes hassle.

Buses ??? It says it’s only 2.5 miles from the station to the ground and a pub on the way. 
  • I hate it when a very easy journey becomes hassle.

Buses ??? It says it’s only 2.5 miles from the station to the ground and a pub on the way. 
    10 mile walk from Amersham though. No trains to Wycombe on the day
  • Croydon said:

Ok, thanks. Didn’t realise the implication of that. 
  • Croydon said:

So about 15 pubs on the way then?
  • clb74 said:
    Croydon said:

So about 15 pubs on the way then?
    You can do with the exercise tubby.
  • @ElfsborgAddick realise this is the wrong thread but have you looked at Sunderland away?  Seems you can’t book due to timetable changes commencing October 2nd??
  • @ElfsborgAddick realise this is the wrong thread but have you looked at Sunderland away?  Seems you can’t book due to timetable changes commencing October 2nd??
    £150 smackers
  • clb74 said:
    @ElfsborgAddick realise this is the wrong thread but have you looked at Sunderland away?  Seems you can’t book due to timetable changes commencing October 2nd??
    £150 smackers
    Where you seeing this mate?
  • clb74 said:
    @ElfsborgAddick realise this is the wrong thread but have you looked at Sunderland away?  Seems you can’t book due to timetable changes commencing October 2nd??
    £150 smackers
    Where you seeing this mate?
    Looked on national rail a few days ago.
    I see 150 so didnt bother to scroll down.
    Looks like I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

A nice walk across the Chilterns, but not before and after a 3pm football match!
    @clive may have an update.  I'll have a look later, Grand Central are/were an option in the past.