Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons [A] Match tickets to go on sale (can buy on door)

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree with various comments on the efficiency behind the scenes from the poorly worded Early Bird "Blockbuster" offer, the confusion & number of tickets allowed pp for the Oxford match, the lack of information regarding the Fans' Bar, to the lack of adequate responses to queries from fans. 

To me this smacks of lack of communication ( what's new?) , lack of staff who have been properly inducted into the system /modus operandi of our club but most importantly, the lack of an onsite CEO. 

As each week goes by since season tickets went on sale, I fear that problems have been compounded as opposed to being resolved due to feedback etc. Is anyone listening in fact ? 

As with the playing squad, we should have been equipped to hit the ground running...not playing catch up after the horse  (or indeed some fans?) has bolted. 

It's been well documented in the past that the infastructure of our club is paramount - the foundations laid with care & thought - otherwise there is the danger that its "customers" become alienated over time. With so many committees/groups now in place, plus a Supporters' Rep, there are plenty of opportunities for fans' concerns to be aired.

The question is whether they are being adequately discussed at The Top. 

Yes, as you might say, this all costs money ....

But as a successful & astute businessman, TS will know all too well that old adage " speculate to accumulate " which is what some might urge on the playing side whilst others might  feel has as much relevance behind the scenes. 

But as is my wont, I'll repeat ...what do I know ? 
  • Options
    Train gets to Bletchley from Clapham at 6:55. Plenty of time to get the ground in time for kick off. Will have to find a shop for some roadies on the way to the ground.
    Didn’t realise you could get a train from Clapham Junction. What time does it leave and what are the times for coming back ? (Asking rather than looking it up atm because I assume you already know)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Train gets to Bletchley from Clapham at 6:55. Plenty of time to get the ground in time for kick off. Will have to find a shop for some roadies on the way to the ground.
    Didn’t realise you could get a train from Clapham Junction. What time does it leave and what are the times for coming back ? (Asking rather than looking it up atm because I assume you already know)
    5.39 from CJ -MK 7:01 (Direct). Railcard included price. Didn’t look for trains back as getting a lift. For some reason I don’t know, book the journey Lewes to MK as it is much cheaper than just CJ to MK.
  • Options
    Hate the franchise but when you can get a train for £6 on the way there and get a lift home. Must  go for those prices.
    You on the team bus?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    ticket bought along with a return to Bletchley from Euston
    How much was your return ticket?
    £15 for an off peak return
  • Options
    Hate the franchise but when you can get a train for £6 on the way there and get a lift home. Must  go for those prices.
    You on the team bus?
    He's playing at this rate
  • Options
    5.39 from CJ -MK 7:01 (Direct). Railcard included price. Didn’t look for trains back as getting a lift. For some reason I don’t know, book the journey Lewes to MK as it is much cheaper than just CJ to MK.
    OK, thanks for that. I did a simple search of trains using today’s date and it only came back with trains for Bletchley that required either 2 or 3 changes. 
  • Options
    Make a day of it and take in a visit to Bletchley Park. It’s only a 5 minute walk from Bletchley station. 
  • Options
    Only 162 MKD seats available from the first batch
    Much more like it! Hopefully it was just the phases that were the issue with Oxford tickets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Much more like it! Hopefully it was just the phases that were the issue with Oxford tickets. 
    It has to be, there are 727 Oxford tickets still available!

The Gillingham game will be an interesting one...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    It has to be, there are 727 Oxford tickets still available!

The Gillingham game will be an interesting one...
    Gillingham will be on restricted sale

Guess there is still a chance of this being moved to an evening kick off as it’s international weekend. 
  • Options
    Got my tickets. First away game for yonks!

Nice ground. Good atmosphere under the lights. Bang up for it.

Prices look a bargain for the 'yoof' too. U18s just £7 & U11s free with an adult ticket. No brainer for those on school / college holidays etc.

• Options
    Got my tickets, first away since WBA. Never been to MK ground, any tips on parking?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Got my tickets, first away since WBA. Never been to MK ground, any tips on parking?
    The place is one big car park mate, everything that's wrong with modern out of town stadiums, nice venue and good views but surrounded by IKEA, Benny & Jerry's and Decathlon sports. 

Still looking forward to it though, can't make Oxford so this is my first of many aways this season
  • Options
    Got my tickets. First away game for yonks!

Nice ground. Good atmosphere under the lights. Bang up for it.

Prices look a bargain for the 'yoof' too. U18s just £7 & U11s free with an adult ticket. No brainer for those on school / college holidays etc.

Very nice ground, but I'm not sure I'd agree about the atmosphere being good though, as it's far too large for MKD
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Expecting  around 1,500/2,000 after today's sales.
    Not bad at all for a Tuesday night, well done you Addicks 👌
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    The place is one big car park mate, everything that's wrong with modern out of town stadiums, nice venue and good views but surrounded by IKEA, Benny & Jerry's and Decathlon sports. 

Still looking forward to it though, can't make Oxford so this is my first of many aways this season
    I think he meant where can you legitimately park if you’re driving to the ground? I seem to remember the big retail parks/shops having restrictions on fan parking last time.
  • Options
    ‘Fans guide to football grounds’ is your friend. Here you go;

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/stadium-mk-milton-keynes-dons.html
  • Options
    I thought I parked right outside last time we played them midweek and we used the fans bar next to the ticket office that allows away fans in. 

Still a pretty soulless place though, our numbers will make a racket so still looking forward to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I thought I parked right outside last time we played them midweek and we used the fans bar next to the ticket office that allows away fans in. 

Still a pretty soulless place though, our numbers will make a racket so still looking forward to it
    Think you’re right, I remember parking right outside as well. Next to a TGIs maybe. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Think you’re right, I remember parking right outside as well. Next to a TGIs maybe. 
    Yes you can at £7 a pop! See the link above for alternatives.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Not bothering with this one any away game the means a pre match pint in a tgis can do one unless of significant importance - nice ground but dead and soulless. The slow uptake for Oxford could be due to holidays and plans etc we have had 18 months of 0 football so people do other things - just hope it’s not going to be another moan every time we don’t sell out an away end - those that want to go - go and enjoy it! That’s why loyalty points are great those that go get ticket priorities. 

This season as I have a st will go majority of home games and meet pals early to have beers before and after, then away games mainly grounds I haven’t done on my list so far 
    Lincoln 
    Cheltenham 
    wycombe 
    Cambridge 
    Ipswich 

Sure will do a few others but that’s my original Tick off list shame Wimbledon away is on Boxing Day as would of liked to of done that. 
  • Options
    Second batch of tickets now seems to have appeared online.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    How many are there?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Belv said:
    How many are there?
    Not sure of the exact total but shot up from about 30 to over 600 this morning.

Currently 498 appearing as available now.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Belv said:
    cafctom said:
    Belv said:
    How many are there?

So that means 1,700ish is our allocation at present. I think the away section can accommodate up to 3,000 but I doubt we will take that many on a Tuesday night.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Belv said:
    cafctom said:
    Belv said:
    How many are there?

So that means 1,700ish is our allocation at present. I think the away section can accommodate up to 3,000 but I doubt we will take that many on a Tuesday night.
    Think top tier is about 3k and anything above that number they open the lower tier. 
  • Options
    Did anybody get their tickets through for this one? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Did anybody get their tickets through for this one? 
    Yup mid last week