Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it 3 subs or 5 subs ?

Carried over from the match thread

A quick look at a number of other games no team has used more than 3 subs.

Well it's not compulsory to use more than 3 subs but maybe you should have taken slightly longer looking at Hull Citys statistics.

Can anyone confirm whether it's 3 or 5 league one. I assume we are the same as the championship as we have 7 subs on the bench

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Should definitely only three subs in the League again now - Might be different in the Cup competitions
  • Options
    It’s three. Wimbledon are saying that they’re allowed a fourth sub because of a concussion.
  • Options
    Wimbledon used 4 today. 
  • Options
    Oh right of course the concussion subs. Maybe that's why Hull used 4 on Saturday. Not suggesting either Hull or Wimbledon did but it seems like an opportunity to cheat & use four subs. Who decides that a player has a possible concussion, their own club doctor ?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Oh right of course the concussion subs. Maybe that's why Hull used 4 on Saturday. Not suggesting either Hull or Wimbledon did but it seems like an opportunity to cheat & use four subs. Who decides that a player has a possible concussion, their own club doctor ?
    Yet if the opposition get a fourth sub thanks to concussion so do the other team, so aren't potentially gaining an advantage.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Isn't there a rule that a concussion requires a 2 week break. I.e. no training or playing as we saw with Lapslie twice in our promotion  season. 

Certainly a disincentive to cheat with this. Unless the player is injured in a different way also so would be out for more than 2 weeks or its the last game of the season.
  • Options
    Isn't there a rule that a concussion requires a 2 week break. I.e. no training or playing as we saw with Lapslie twice in our promotion  season. 

Certainly a disincentive to chat with this. Unless the player is injured in a different way also so would be out for more than 2 weeks or its the last game of the season.
    Should be yeah... Same happened with Maynard-Brewer last season 
  • Options
    Maybe Wimbledon never had a Doctor with them last night, but I did noticed after the player had been subbed and was still on the Alan Curbisjley side our Doctor went round to check up on the player and brought the player back to the West with the Wimbledon physio