Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would you have taken from Ipswich’s 16 signings?

Goalie

Vaclav Hladky 

Defenders

George Edmudson
Matt Penney
Hayden Coulson
Cameron Burgess

Midfielders

Tom Carroll
Rakeem Harper
Kyle Edwards 
Lee Evans
Scott Fraser
Wes Burns

Forwards

Conor Chaplin
Sone Aluko 
Louie Barry
Macauley Bonne 
Joe Piggott

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Burgess and Edwards would have been the two I would really want.

I would take almost all of them, right now, only because they are better than no one. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Harper, Fraser, Chaplin and Piggott. Possibly Edwards. Not too fussed about any of the others but I haven't seen some of them play so no opinion either way.

Based on our squad needs now, Fraser and Chaplin the two who stand out.
  • Options
    Edwards, Fraser, Chaplin, Bonne & Pigott of the ones I know.
  • Options
    Fraser. His last two seasons in League 1 have been impressive. I think around 20 goals and 15 assists in that time. 
  • Options
    Bonne and Piggott to make a dream 4-3-3 with Stockley. Though Edmudson, Fraser and Chaplin if picking one from each would suit - and Piggott in all seriousness was there to be had in several windows prior to this. 
  • Options
    All of them ,except Bonne cos I already know he’s shit and whatever shit they’ve got can’t be any shittier than the shit we’ve got , what a load of shit 
  • Options
    None of them.  It would take the shine off of our stellar performance this transfer window!
  • Options
    All of them ,except Bonne cos I already know he’s shit and whatever shit they’ve got can’t be any shittier than the shit we’ve got , what a load of shit 
    Yeah he’s only scored a shit goal, had a shit one disallowed and hit the shit woodwork so far this season. Shit! :-) 
  • Options
    Keep the faith, all average things come to those who wait
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Fraser and Piggy two excellent signings.  Not bothered by Bonne; Carroll on the way down and full of injuries, the others I have no opinion on as don't know their talents well enough but all seem to be of the pedigree I was hoping we would go for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have done exactly what I was expecting us to do…. I would take:

George Edmudson
    Cameron Burgess

Midfielders

Tom Carroll
    Rakeem Harper
    Kyle Edwards 
    Scott Fraser

Forwards

Conor Chaplin 
    Macauley Bonne 
    Joe Piggott
  • Options
    Have to admit I have little clue about many of them, but of the players that have stood out over the last seasons I would go for:

Fraser
    Chaplin
    Piggott
    Burgess 
  • Options
    Fraser, Piggott and Bonne for sure. Not that au fait with the others. Bonne may be shit but he will score goals at our level.
  • Options
    I can’t believe how obsessed people are with Ipswich .
  • Options
    Edmundson, Burgess, Edwards, Fraser, Chaplin, Pigott and Bonne.
  • Options
    None. They haven’t won a league game this season
  • Options
    Fraser and Pigott, don’t know enough about the others.

How long until the thread title and list is out of date? I’m going to guess about a day.
  • Options
    Im surprised at the amount of people who would bring back Bonne. Thought the majority of the forum were happy to see him gone this time last year? 
  • Options
    Can't believe how obsessed people are with Piggott
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Apart from Stockley, he is much better than what we have. Davison or Piggott isn’t a particularly hard choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'd all improve our squad as we're so short. The main ones I like though are Joe Piggott, Louie Barry, Conor Chaplin, Scott Fraser, Rakeem Harper, Kyle Edwards. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I agree . I wouldn’t want him or Bonne . 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    He scored 7 goals two seasons ago
  • Options
    Are we going to do this with every team's transfer window (I suppose I would have taken Sancho and Varane at a pinch) or are we just going to remain curiously obsessed with Ipswich forever? I honestly don't understand it, their budget is clearly wildly different from ours and not only that, their outgoings have actually generated some money for them this season that they can reinvest. It's become a bizarre obsession on this forum, I feel like we're becoming what Sheffield Wednesday were towards us in 2011/12
  • Options
    Im surprised at the amount of people who would bring back Bonne. Thought the majority of the forum were happy to see him gone this time last year? 
    In the championship maybe not (though we have had far worse)..... we need a squad and as a back up he would be better than Davison.
  • Options
    To be fair many people were only happy to see him go because of the fee. If QPR had only offered £300k, the comments would have been different

And some football fans are ludicrously fickle anyway. The departing player (Bonne) is useless, the incoming player (Bogle) is a much better player...
  • Options
    Harper, Piggott and Edwards. 
  • Options
    None. They haven’t won a league game this season
    I actually don’t think they will win a league game until we play them. 
  • Options
    We just have to trust in what we are doing and stop obsessing over what others have got
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    He scored 7 goals two seasons ago
    18 the year before that though and 22 last season.

There's no question he'd improve our attack.