Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season over already

17th August and our season is already over. Bundled out of the Carabao by a weakened Wimbledon outfit and three league performances which must rank amongst the worst in our history. I am so glad that i did not get sucked into buying a season ticket. Watching this clueless rabble attempting to play a brand of football that went out of date 30 years ago, is more than i can take.

Comments

• Options
    Not over yet, but we have until the closing of the window to save it.
  • Options
    Not over yet, but we have until the closing of the window to save it.
    Yep. Unless we bring in the required quality then mid-table will be the very best we can hope for with that midfield.
  • Options
    Whilst there’s still 40+ games to change it around, tonight I feel very low and uninspired when it comes to Charlton! 

We need 7/8 players in, and I can’t see us getting 4 in let alone 8. A whole new midfield plus a new striker and a few defenders too won’t be easy to do - especially as Gallen aha brought in scraps already! 

Hate this league, and really thought/hope we would be at the races this season- can see the feel good factor and positivity/optimism quickly rubbing off and that’s worrying! 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Far too early to write off the season & in 2 months we could easily be top 6 (remember last seasons 6 game winning run)

However

I dont see it & unless some miracle happens over the next 2 weeks & Gallen pulls our 6 rabbits from his hat I can see this season being a mid table scrap. Not good enough for the top 8 but not bad enough to be fighting the bottom 6 to avoid relegation. We definitely have some good players in Stockley, DJ & Kirk but too many average players......especially the midfield duo that we recruited in the summer. 
  • Options
    Far too early to write off the season & in 2 months we could easily be top 6 (remember last seasons 6 game winning run)

However

I dont see it & unless some miracle happens over the next 2 weeks & Gallen pulls our 6 rabbits from his hat I can see this season being a mid table scrap. Not good enough for the top 8 but not bad enough to be fighting the bottom 6 to avoid relegation. We definitely have some good players in Stockley, DJ & Kirk but too many average players......especially the midfield duo that we recruited in the summer. 
    Balanced and realistic post
  • Options
    Still time to pull it round, at least 5 new players before the window might make a difference. Last time we were promoted the start was slow and I never thought we would go up at that stage, Cullen, Bliek come in and it looked so different.

If we bring no one in or players not good enough, and we stick to the same system we will be involved at the bottom end of the table
  • Options
    Long-term injuries to Stockley and Inniss and we're in a relegation scrap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we holding a competition for the most hysterical thread today?
  • Options
    17th August and our season is already over. Bundled out of the Carabao by a weakened Wimbledon outfit and three league performances which must rank amongst the worst in our history. I am so glad that i did not get sucked into buying a season ticket. Watching this clueless rabble attempting to play a brand of football that went out of date 30 years ago, is more than i can take.
    I'm far from happy but steady on. I give you Colchester 2 v CAFC 1, Huddersfield 5 v CAFC 0 and Hull 6 v CAFC 0 in January 2016. Pretty sure there are plenty of other worse three-game spells.