Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SalarySport website...do we know about this?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Kantè on £290k a week. That's obscene 
    Figures like this don't actually bother me, the genuinely world class players deserve it and he's one of, if not the best in his position in the world. PL winner, CL winner, world cup winner.

It's when you see average PL players on 100k+ a week or championship players on 30k a week that takes the piss.

Phil Jones 110k a week
    Fred 120k a week
    Baba Rahman (who?) 91k a week at Chelsea
    Drinkwater 120k a week
    But then don't players on £90K to £120k, justify it it by saying Kante is on 3 times as much? Be a bit crazy if Kante was on what he's on and the majority of his team mates were on £30k to £50k
    Why though? It happens in other sports, take NBA for example. The superstars earn 'supermax' contracts because they're the guys who win games, the guys who sell jerseys and the guys the fans go to see. The lesser known players earn considerably less as they're just there to make up the squad numbers. I think it's similar in the MLS, they have players earning fortunes and others earning really low wages. Zlatan and Beckham earned fortunes because the fans bought shirts and went to see them, they didn't go to see Joe Bloggs.

The likes of Kante, Lukaku, Mount should be earning big money, the likes of Drinkwater and Rahman should not.
    Possibly down to the agents? Imagine it's quite easy to reference other, bigger name players on £300k, and say their client is easily worth a 3rd of that even though they're not. Then once one "squad player" is on £100k a week, maybe that's the benchmark for the rest of the squad
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    One last gripe lol

Messi when he did his crying press conference when leaving Barca ! If he was that upset he could easily have said pay me £1 a week and I will stay for my love of the club. Not like he needs the money is it plus his endorsement income is off the scale without his club wages
    They couldn't have signed him anyway as they needed to get rid of players, even if he signed for €1 a week
  • Options
    The Fan Led Review driven by Tracey Crouch MP, will be published in full some time in the autumn. She is a guest on today's Thursday edition of the Price of Football podcast. I'd urge everybody on this thread to give it a listen, as the discussion (with Kieran Maguire another force for good in football, who has clearly had a lot of input in the review) covers a lot of points raised above. Also more broadly for those more cynical about politicians and the value of the entire political process, you'll hear a politician who has actually been working her butt off to try and address and improve those very things in football that have got us so wound up recently and had us asking "why doesnt x/y/z do something". 
  • Options
    Omar Bogle....£200k a year!!!!! Jesus wept...
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Omar Bogle....£200k a year!!!!! Jesus wept...
    £50k per goal in the past year then. 
  • Options
    Worth every penny haha! Kind of explains why he's sitting tight at Doncaster, and I don't blame him tbh.