Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Options
    Another Charlton change ...

Dobbin is replaced by Washy.
    Kirk to 10 and Morgan back with Watson I hope? 
  • Options
    Ridiculous Hollywood ball by Watson. Stockley batting away but no one reading his flicks and lay offs at the moment. 
    I think our front-half players would struggle to read a comic.

Clueless.
  • Options
    I think CBT coming on is a good move, but perhaps it could have been in place of Albie? This would have allowed Kirk a free role inside and closer to Stockley.

Don't know why this hasn't been thought of before. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Gone 4-4-2 it looks like
  • Options
    1. 73'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Craig MacGillivray tries a through ball, but Jayden Stockley is caught offside.

• Options
    Positive sub 
  • Options
    Ipswich 2-2 MK Dons
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Gone 4-4-2 it looks like
    😳
  • Options
    1. 75'

Post update

Offside, Wigan Athletic. James McClean tries a through ball, but Tendayi Darikwa is caught offside.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    McG saves decent header from Wyke
  • Options
    I'm not sure about that change. We'd grown back into the game and now we've handed control of the middle to Wigan. 
  • Options

76' Another good save from MacGillivray! He gets down to palm away Wyke's flicked header. #cafc 0 #wafc 0
  • Options
    A bit of indecision from McGilly in not coming for the cross but then redeemed himself with another full-length palm out.

If it wasn't for him we'd have shipped 4 or 5 by now.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Macca MOTM
  • Options
    Ipswich 2-2 MK Dons
    They are shipping goals! 
  • Options
    1. 77'

Post update

Foul by Will Keane (Wigan Athletic).

2. 77'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

79' Watson in the book for a trip on Keane. #cafc 0 #wafc 0
  • Options
    Feels like going 4-4-2 has handed the midfield to Wigan a little bit... Bit of a gap between Watson / Morgan and the strikers which the latter was occupying when Dobson was on 
  • Options
    Someone ping it at Amos from distance please
    You would of thought wouldn't you?

Most of our team would have watched shots fly past Amos from distance last season, and exclaimed "WTF!".

• Options
    Inniss down on the floor. Bloke can’t do 90 minutes
  • Options
    Feels like going 4-4-2 has handed the midfield to Wigan a little bit... Bit of a gap between Watson / Morgan and the strikers which the latter was occupying when Dobson was on 
    Hopefully stop the people who moan about playing 4-4-2, even though most teams don't for a reason, from demanding it for a while. 
  • Options
    1. 81'

Post update

Offside, Wigan Athletic. James McClean tries a through ball, but Tendayi Darikwa is caught offside.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Hopefully stop the people who moan about playing 4-4-2, even though most teams don't for a reason, from demanding it for a while. 
    4-4-2 can work well when you have two mobile players in the middle. Watson and Morgan are… not that
  • Options
    83' Inniss booked for a foul on McClean. #cafc 0 #wafc 0
  • Options
    Just over 5 mins to go & I dont think we've had a shot on target. 3 or 4 off but none that have troubled Amos.

Very poor
  • Options
    Can't seem to enjoy the last 10 minutes of our games, we all know why B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!